• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Pink Long Polyp Toadstool - Med. Sized Colony - Pick Up Only

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I want to sell my med-sized long polyp toadstool. I have other softie colonies for sale as well.

$200. It's pretty large, and does well under my AI hydras. It's grown out in my frag tank.

Pick up only. I live in the north and dont want to deal w winter shipping. Sorry.

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 10.52.51 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 10.53.00 AM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
VSVP bet

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what it was sold to me as. I have 2 identical colonies, both exhibit the same polyp length and characteristics. One is a neon green polyp and, the second is pink polyp with a green base under high light and pink base under low light.

The colonies are consistent with weeping willows sold online, in retail, and on here. Unless I am mistaken, I am not trying to mislead any buyer.

Below is polyp length on a frag from this colony.

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 11.36.04 AM.png

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can you post more pictures? That looks like an ordinary toadstool to me but maybe the polyps aren't fully extended. To be considered a long polyp toadstool the polyps need to be 4" or longer.

OP
OP
VSVP bet

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its under high flow so its is condensed a bit, please refer to the frag picture for polyp length under med flow. The polyp length is highly dependent on the current. The polyps remain around 3 inches in normal med flow, will extent to 4inches under basically no flow (this is not healthy for the coral) and 2 inches under higher flow. I have found they like med to high flow the best.

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
its under high flow so its is condensed a bit, please refer to the frag picture for polyp length under med flow. The polyp length is highly dependent on the current. The polyps remain around 3 inches in normal med flow, will extent to 4inches under basically no flow (this is not healthy for the coral) and 2 inches under higher flow. I have found they like med to high flow the best.
So you won't post more pictures of the large coral for sale?

OP
OP
VSVP bet

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks, what other softies you got for sale?
I have colonies and frags of neon green and pink weeping willow toadstool (i guess this is up for debate as to what actually is considered 'weeping willow' they are long polyp variants and range from polyp length or 2-4+ inches based on flow). I have Aussie green sinularia, green kenya tree, colt coral, devils hand colonies and frags, and frags and colonies of the folding toadstool variant.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The colonies are consistent with weeping willows sold online, in retail, and on here. Unless I am mistaken, I am not trying to mislead any buyer.
I believe you… I also believe that it’s almost impossible to find a true weeping willow, especially from vendors!

OP
OP
VSVP bet

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you… I also believe that it’s almost impossible to find a true weeping willow, especially from vendors!
agreed, did some more research on weeping willow, seems like a fine line btwn weeping willow and long polyp, might stick to calling it long polyp dont want to mis brand anything. thanks.

OP
OP
VSVP bet

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i still have frags available of both, just sold the colony. I can link the other thread for the frags. can make a deal if you want both. thanks.

OP
OP
VSVP bet

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back