Pink spiny cucumber care?

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any special requirements for these guys? I just picked one up the other day and it looks awesome!

As far as feeding goes I have reef roids, lots of seafood that can be blended up, and some supplements like selcon, Zoe, etc. Should i pick something else up for it? What do you all recommend? Thanks

(Sorry, no good pictures yet)
20200713_211420.jpg
Screenshot_20200713-215247.png

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your blended sea foods and the reef roids are a good start. i like using the reef nutrition products as well (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-nutrition-product-use-chart.613410/post-6165816). just remember to shut off the skimmer for an hour thereabouts (and to turn it back on, lol). i feed my non-sand sifting cukes, featherdusters and sponges about three times a week.

remember that you can also take a turkey baster to your live rock occasionally to stir up detritus into the water column.

OP
OP
xxkenny90xx

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok great, thanks! I wasnt sure if it would eat "larger" particles like finely blended seafood or not. As far as the reef nutrition goes, would it be similiar to the feather duster or maybe the barnacle category?

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have pointed out that I'm aware that the RN feeding chart doesn't have a listing for sea cucumbers, but I think the medium-to-larger sized offerings are suitable (just my own opinion). :)

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have pointed out that I'm aware that the RN feeding chart doesn't have a listing for sea cucumbers, but I think the medium-to-larger sized offerings are suitable (just my own opinion). :)

Our Phyto-Feast and Oyster-Feast are totally applicable here. Thanks for the recommendation. In fact, we have customers that are culturing sea cucumbers with our phytoplankton.

Best,
Chad

香港reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed Hikari coralific delite and some seachem zooplankton, they are thriving, they appears to not be bothered much by water parameters

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back