Pintail Wrasse Words of Encouragement

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by bdub22rhp, Feb 4, 2018.

1. ca1ore

ca1ore Valuable Member R2R Supporter CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award R2R TV Featured Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

As TJ also notes, I think this is outdated information. I've kept dozens of leopard wrasses over the years, and while the occasional individual refuses to eat, the vast majority that make it through shipping will take frozen far more readily than a mandarin will. When I have lost them post acclimation, it has either been due to aggression problems or weight loss even though they are eating (so likely internal parasites).

2. bdub22rhp

bdub22rhp Member

He came put to eat today. Showed up for his fill of mysis and disappeared again. At least I know he's alive.

3. Wesley42079

Wesley42079 Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

I agree, I recently purchased a Divided Leopard wrasse and was afraid that it wouldn't survive if it didn't eat. Well, by the 2nd day, it was competing with my other fish in eating her fare share of frozen brine shrimp. I throw in some NLS pellets every other day, and it loves devouring those too.

I've only owned the Divided Leopard wrasse since Super Bowl LII (2/4/18), but she is doing great in my Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon.

Draft saved Draft deleted