Pintail Wrasse Words of Encouragement

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopards suffer from the Mandarin problem (naturally pod eaters) and as such they are difficult to sustain in a captive environment.

As TJ also notes, I think this is outdated information. I've kept dozens of leopard wrasses over the years, and while the occasional individual refuses to eat, the vast majority that make it through shipping will take frozen far more readily than a mandarin will. When I have lost them post acclimation, it has either been due to aggression problems or weight loss even though they are eating (so likely internal parasites).

OP
OP
B

bdub22rhp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He came put to eat today. Showed up for his fill of mysis and disappeared again. At least I know he's alive.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As TJ also notes, I think this is outdated information. I've kept dozens of leopard wrasses over the years.

I agree, I recently purchased a Divided Leopard wrasse and was afraid that it wouldn't survive if it didn't eat. Well, by the 2nd day, it was competing with my other fish in eating her fare share of frozen brine shrimp. I throw in some NLS pellets every other day, and it loves devouring those too.

I've only owned the Divided Leopard wrasse since Super Bowl LII (2/4/18), but she is doing great in my Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon.

Back