Pistol Shrimp and Goby pairs! Lets talk about em!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a huge fan of this pair for a reef tank, but sadly I truly never have had both! The flaming prawn goby never paired with the candy cane pistol shrimp in my macroalgae tank, but I felt that they would not pair anyways so with the reboot of the tank I am going to give Pistol Pete the rightful partner he/she deserves! Leaning towards a Lagoon Shrimp Goby to add to the tank that Pistol Pete moves into!

Lets see some of your Pistol Shrimp and Goby pairs and what your favorite thing about them is! Also any unique pairs that you want to talk about?

I know there are several other threads talking about what are the best to pair together so if you want to chime in any of that information that would be great too!

Lets talk about that symbiosis!

1620090332875.png

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am a huge fan of this pair for a reef tank, but sadly I truly never have had both! The flaming prawn goby never paired with the candy cane pistol shrimp in my macroalgae tank, but I felt that they would not pair anyways so with the reboot of the tank I am going to give Pistol Pete the rightful partner he/she deserves! Leaning towards a Lagoon Shrimp Goby to add to the tank that Pistol Pete moves into!

Lets see some of your Pistol Shrimp and Goby pairs and what your favorite thing about them is! Also any unique pairs that you want to talk about?

I know there are several other threads talking about what are the best to pair together so if you want to chime in any of that information that would be great too!

Lets talk about that symbiosis!

1620090332875.png
Great photo! I've actually never had a goby/pistol pair.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your Pistol a tiger pistol? than any of the bigger gobies like the watchman should pair up. MY yellow watchman and pistol got so big that they got rehomed to the 180 display at the LFS! But they were a great pair to watch. Now I have the Yasha gobies, a pair & a candy striped pistol (much smaller than the tiger) in the 30g and a female yasha & candy striped in the 10g.
@Daniel@R2R You are missing out, one of the best & most interesting pairs you can get.

Attachments

• IMG_6196.jpg
    IMG_6196.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6432.jpg
    IMG_6432.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 111

Here we go again..

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a high fin gobie and a peppermint pistol. Never see the pistol, but I hear it every night. We see the gobie every night. Their burrow is facing the back of the tank. But when they move we sometimes catch a glimpse of the pistol.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back