PLACE YOUR FAKE BETS “7 FAIRY WRASSES IN 1 TANK “

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK here goes, there is no turning back, 150 gallon mix reef 60 x 24 x 24. Place your fake bets on whether I will be successful adding my seventh fairy wrasse to my tank in the next week. I currently have a lineatus, scotts, labouti, Katherine, male and female pink margin wrasses. I just got word that my super male Rhomboid will be here next week and I’m not turning him away. I do not QT, I know please don’t criticize QT is the right thing!!! The plan is to put large acclamation box in DT a few days before arrival. I also use reef keeper which is some type of immune booster and works for me. All my current fairy wrasses hang out together there is no aggression at all. There is a large blonde Naso, red hawk, 2 clowns, 2 dart fish , cleaner wrasse and a diamond back goby in tank.

PLACE YOUR FAKE BETS ON SUCCESS OR FAILURE? I WILL POST HONEST RESULTS!

TIPS, COMMENTS, DISCUSSION WELCOMED

Here is pics of the HOME TEAM

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK here goes, there is no turning back, 150 gallon mix reef 60 x 24 x 24. Place your fake bets on whether I will be successful adding my seventh fairy wrasse to my tank in the next week. I currently have a lineatus, scotts, labouti, Katherine, male and female pink margin wrasses. I just got word that my super male Rhomboid will be here next week and I’m not turning him away. I do not QT, I know please don’t criticize QT is the right thing!!! The plan is to put large acclamation box in DT a few days before arrival. I also use reef keeper which is some type of immune booster and works for me. All my current fairy wrasses hang out together there is no aggression at all. There is a large blonde Naso, red hawk, 2 clowns, 2 dart fish , cleaner wrasse and a diamond back goby in tank.

PLACE YOUR FAKE BETS ON SUCCESS OR FAILURE? I WILL POST HONEST RESULTS!

TIPS, COMMENTS, DISCUSSION WELCOMED

Here is pics of the HOME TEAM

IMG_7364.JPG
IMG_7365.JPG
IMG_7367.JPG
IMG_7516.JPG
IMG_7513.jpg
IMG_7520.JPG

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding a rhomboidalis with a lineatus and a couple of potential bruisers . . .

That acclimation box is going to get a workout!

~Bruce

Lol thank god it’s brand new and never used hopefully it will hold up ! I’m taking you are leaning FAIL

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding a rhomboidalis with a lineatus and a couple of potential bruisers . . .

That acclimation box is going to get a workout!

~Bruce

Bruce I’m worried about lineatus also because they look almost the same

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I happen to like fairy wrasses a lot, so hoping that this works out for you, but I am leaning "Challenge"!

I think I've heard of the two getting along - in a big enough tank - but you're right, that similarity is worrisome.

~Bruce

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be patient with the box time, I just have no aggression with the ones I have so just hoping !!

Rob

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm impressed the Scott's hasn't taken someone out already! I had a lineatus and pink margin in my tank (6 foot) without any issues. Keep us posted. I have a rhomboid now and I'm planning at least 4-5 more fairy wrasse.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bet is long term, your Scott's is going to be a big problem. I hope not, but I wouldn't bet on this arrangement for long term (2+ years) stability.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm impressed the Scott's hasn't taken someone out already! I had a lineatus and pink margin in my tank (6 foot) without any issues. Keep us posted. I have a rhomboid now and I'm planning at least 4-5 more fairy wrasse.

I have had the scotts for over a year he was the first fairy in the tank I just got the pink margin couple on Friday big time impulse buy and on Saturday I get the txt your Rhomboid is landing next week ,, oops

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bet is long term, your Scott's is going to be a big problem. I hope not, but I wouldn't bet on this arrangement for long term (2+ years) stability.

I understand what your saying , the scotts is the main guy you can tell but in over a year have not seen any aggression in him or lineatus or labouti. Those three are well over 4 inches. I feed these guys 3 times a day usually. I will update when the Rhomboid is in the box !!

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a compatibility chart stickied somewhere that illustrates which ones tend to go after one another. Hope it works out, sounds like a pretty sweet collection!!

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet they all make it I had more than that in a 55 man how I miss that tank.
Hopefully will have my 75 rocking the same way soon.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a compatibility chart stickied somewhere that illustrates which ones tend to go after one another. Hope it works out, sounds like a pretty sweet collection!!

Yeah I looked at the chart by “evolved” and it seems ok, I didn’t mention but I have the opportunity to get a female Rhomboid or two also but I’m pushing my luck, it’s getting crowded! Thanks I been waiting for this Rhomboid for a long time to complete my collection. I’ll post a picture when I get him!

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet they all make it I had more than that in a 55 man how I miss that tank.
Hopefully will have my 75 rocking the same way soon.

Post a picture when you have it up and running! My tank is getting crowded, most fish are smaller reef types but wrasses are around 4+ and my blonde Naso could be 10 but he is my buddy and I’m having hard time thinking of finding him a bigger home, I have my rock work so he can get around nicely but at some point I have to think of him, he was my first over 3 years ago at 3 inches, going to miss hand feeding him.
IMG_7301.jpg

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This time around they will all be in my reef already started

Ornate leopard
Red velvet
Yellow flanked
Forget the last one but she’s still young kept her from the 55.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back