PLACE YOUR FAKE BETS “7 FAIRY WRASSES IN 1 TANK “

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very lucky. Hard to tell but is he losing his color? I've heard they get a little washout when they age.

It’s like we think alike I was trying to see myself but his lighting is to blue so could not really tell. But I do still see some bright colors.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have something cooking as well but will not tell. ;)

I had two female Rhomboids in my take before velvet wiped them out at the beginning of the year. I think they are pretty mello that you can get away with it.

Depending on where your located I have a guy in San Diego that gets Rhomboids but I haven’t talk to him for a while, it would be fun to get a few females and let them change, cheaper also

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depending on where your located I have a guy in San Diego that gets Rhomboids but I haven’t talk to him for a while, it would be fun to get a few females and let them change, cheaper also
I have a big male in QT right now finishing up TTM and prazi but thought about adding more.

Yeah well stop clogging up your thread!

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You putting in 2 DTs?

I do not QT, I know it wouldn’t take much but I don’t, I use acclimation box for a few days and that’s it,, i use Reef Keeper as a buster few days before introduction to try to protect other fish. I have really found with the Wrasses, I have very little concern with any disease . I did lose a super male that I bought from a guy on YouTube which when I picked him up at LAX he had some whitish substance on its rear tail it basically ended up eating its tail and dying but yes he was in my display tank the whole time and no one else was affected. I could not trap him to get him out.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very lucky. Hard to tell but is he losing his color? I've heard they get a little washout when they age.

I’m going to say yes a little to losing color. I have had him, Scotts, for over two years, I feed pellets, all different frozen and he eats nori, I would say he has lost 15-20 percent since I got him but when he flairs he is bright

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not QT, I know it wouldn’t take much but I don’t, I use acclimation box for a few days and that’s it,, i use Reef Keeper as a buster few days before introduction to try to protect other fish. I have really found with the Wrasses, I have very little concern with any disease . I did lose a super male that I bought from a guy on YouTube which when I picked him up at LAX he had some whitish substance on its rear tail it basically ended up eating its tail and dying but yes he was in my display tank the whole time and no one else was affected. I could not trap him to get him out.
I used to do that but got stung at the beginning of this year so now I have a QT system in place. Lost 6 wrasse and my Whitetail bristletooth.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a big male in QT right now finishing up TTM and prazi but thought about adding more.

Yeah well stop clogging up your thread!

Post a pic of the big male here I’m good with the posting

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Post a pic of the big male here I’m good with the posting
67689176-EDD7-4F6C-8D79-7AE3F27A2CB9.jpeg

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll bet your luck continues. Only short term though. I give it about 6 months before all hell breaks loose. Hard to believe you have been this lucky with no QT. I am hoping for your continued success

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll bet your luck continues. Being that most have been only recently added. Hard to believe long term peace.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back