Placement for red finger

Layll318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been struggling to find a good place for my red finger.. needs shade and high flow... seems to be a issue to get both.

any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

F6EA8874-D2DA-4272-934D-04678C0B1CCF.jpeg

OP
OP
L

Layll318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I know. I am target feeding it once a week atm. Seems to be ok after a month in my tank. The top rock comes off easy so I can use a glass container to target feed. Seem like a good plan?

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once a week wont cut it unfortunatly. They require multiple times per day to survive. They're very very difficult for the most experienced reefers with mature systems. I've tried few times with nps, and it just never makes it long term. They all just start to fall apart.

OP
OP
L

Layll318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I am reading. Guess I will try my best because I don’t have anyone to give it away too. Will you the feeding. Not allowing my wife to pick anything anymore lol that was the trap

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I am reading. Guess I will try my best because I don’t have anyone to give it away too. Will you the feeding. Not allowing my wife to pick anything anymore lol that was the trap
It happens. We've all gotten corals we shouldn't have. We do our best and We learn.

OP
OP
L

Layll318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seemed to like it alittle bit lol might just because I moved stuff around though. Ty for the nice words. This hobby can be discouraging at times.

FBF71A34-AA29-45B7-8B90-A1672DED546C.jpeg

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get some bottled phyto, mix it in a cup amd use a turkey baster to blow it across the coral. Turn off your powerheads when you do this to allow the coral more time to try and get the nutrients. You can also do this with zooplankton. mine for a while looked really good while doing that. Dark red with the white polyps out all the time. It never grew, but wanst dying either. Then after a few months it just started to loose pieces here and there and would still have polyps out but was disintegrating

OP
OP
L

Layll318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will just not tell my wife it will prob die soon anyways lol thanks. It did go from a week of not opening to this though. So Atleast it looks “prettier”

2F3A2687-4AF6-438A-B73E-712DFF41D036.jpeg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a red and yellow one form Aquarium Depot (they owed me a credit) The yellow opened poylups just fine. The red is not wanting to open after 5 days. I wish I new the answer. I feed reef roids, frozen cyclops, frozen rotifers, oyster feast and phyto feast. Mine are side by side.

OP
OP
L

Layll318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a red and yellow one form Aquarium Depot (they owed me a credit) The yellow opened poylups just fine. The red is not wanting to open after 5 days. I wish I new the answer. I feed reef roids, frozen cyclops, frozen rotifers, oyster feast and phyto feast. Mine are side by side.
They are not the same coral... the red finger needs shade and great flow. Mine would not open at all until I moved it into better conditions. I have also been spot feeding it twice a day (before and after the lights come on) with a mixture of food. I am still told it will die but Atleast it’s open

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine to open on the bottom half. Fed it my mix and it looks like it captured some. I can understand why most dont live is prob lack of food. Since the the tank its in is plumbed to my 600 im not worried about feeding it 3x a day.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back