Placement of a shark and stingray tank

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a hour away from reno
Regardless of how close/far you are from Nevada, that doesn't mean it's legal. California law (and link):

It shall be unlawful to import, transport, or possess live animals restricted in subsection (c) below except under permit issued by the department
(6) Class Elasmobranchiomorphi-Cartilaginous Fishes (A) Family Carcharhinidae-Requiem Sharks: All species of genus Carcharhinus (Freshwater sharks) (D).
(B) Family Potamotrygonidae-River stingrays: All species (D).

And before you ask, the link I just provided talks about the permits that allow possession of the animal in question.

OP
OP
M

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regardless of how close/far you are from Nevada, that doesn't mean it's legal. California law (and link):

It shall be unlawful to import, transport, or possess live animals restricted in subsection (c) below except under permit issued by the department
(6) Class Elasmobranchiomorphi-Cartilaginous Fishes (A) Family Carcharhinidae-Requiem Sharks: All species of genus Carcharhinus (Freshwater sharks) (D).
(B) Family Potamotrygonidae-River stingrays: All species (D).

And before you ask, the link I just provided talks about the permits that allow possession of the animal in question.
As long as you don't get stopped, your fine, many people do this all the time

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because many people do it all the time, doesn’t mean you should be breaking the law. The law is a the law. Possessing the animal in your home is illegal, not just transporting them.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because many people do it all the time, doesn’t mean you should be breaking the law. The law is a the law. Possessing the animal in your home is illegal, not just transporting them.

Lucky for him, it’s daddy’s home.

He can’t afford or maintain a salt or fresh Ray tank...... Y’all love to take the bait on these forums.......

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah no. Is your dad okay with potentially going to jail? What about paying a monstrous fine? And if he goes to jail, where do you, a minor, end up going? Hmm? Breaking the law means being okay with the consequences.

I can't condone somebody breaking the law. You wanted help with something legal, so I helped and provided guidance. But I'm not helping out with something that's illegal.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He can’t afford nor maintain either setup..... doesn’t really have a place for it either...... “big garage?”. yeah, we put cars in those here.......

It’s a fun thought etc etc. but this project is just a pipe dream.

We can stop the knee jerk reactions too though....
I have an animal that isn’t legal where I am.... nobody is “going to jail”. I know Cali is stupid, but nobody is going to jail for a ray......
I had another animal that was illegal as well..... took it out in public all the time..... nobody cared.....

OP
OP
M

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He can’t afford nor maintain either setup..... doesn’t really have a place for it either...... “big garage?”. yeah, we put cars in those here.......

We can stop the knee jerk reactions too though....
I have an animal that isn’t legal where I am.... nobody is “going to jail”. I know Cali is stupid, but nobody is going to jail for a ray......
I had another animal that was illegal as well..... took it out in public all the time..... nobody cared.....
:(

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actually I'm fairly certain it's not a troll. OP did PM me because I've been spouting off about people needing to read the EHM. And from what I know of trolls, they kinda just...sit there and do the bare minimum to get entertainment from enraged people. So far OP's been asking some pretty good questions. Granted, some of them have been questionable, but given that OP is younger than 25, it's pretty in line with the lack of frontal lobe development.

If OP is a troll, then feel free to say "I told you so", and go in guns ablazin'. But until then, let's play nice, yeah?

OP
OP
M

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I'm fairly certain it's not a troll. OP did PM me because I've been spouting off about people needing to read the EHM. And from what I know of trolls, they kinda just...sit there and do the bare minimum to get entertainment from enraged people. So far OP's been asking some pretty good questions. Granted, some of them have been questionable, but given that OP is younger than 25, it's pretty in line with the lack of frontal lobe development.

If OP is a troll, then feel free to say "I told you so", and go in guns ablazin'. But until then, let's play nice, yeah?
I'm not a troll, want a picture lol, idk how I come-off as a troll, I genuinely want this tank, I plan on making a build thread in a few months, so talk to me then also @Jon Fishman why do you have to be rude and rain on my parade, like bruv I'm well aware it is far away, and don't think I'll have rays for a long time, but come on you don't have to be rude

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back