Planet aquarium 310 megamatrix aquascape build

Meista_Flya

It wasn't me!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys! Figure I would get peoples opinions. I'm in the process of building an aquascape for a 310 gallon tank. Dimensions are 96L x 30D x 25H. I have mocked up a table of the dimensions of the tank. I started building and I think im preety happy with what I have so far. But never hurts for opinions before I start cementing and gluing rocks together! So here goes nothing.
20200604_181633.jpg
20200604_200906.jpg

This is what I got so far. Let me know what you guys think if theres anything else that could possibly make it look better maybe a rock to move around or two. And possibly show your guys aquascapes.

I'm looking for other then the norm. I didnt want just a build up of rocks to make it look like boulders just laying around. I wanted something unique. I think im on the right path. Roll the comments !

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks awful! Why didn't you just make it look like boulders laying around????? ;)

But seriously, it looks great! You have plenty of unique shapes and plenty of arches for fish to swim under/between! As long as it provides enough "real estate" for coral placement down the stretch, I think it's a really cool aquascape! Love the "colosseum" on the right side. Great job!

OP
OP
Meista_Flya

Meista_Flya

It wasn't me!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks awful! Why didn't you just make it look like boulders laying around????? ;)

But seriously, it looks great! You have plenty of unique shapes and plenty of arches for fish to swim under/between! As long as it provides enough "real estate" for coral placement down the stretch, I think it's a really cool aquascape! Love the "colosseum" on the right side. Great job!
Thanks man I think there should be. I'm gonna be placing a flat plate/shelf rock on top of the two towers in the middle to make em look like trees. We haven't found the rock rock to do it with yet so that will be coming soon!

Payne Train

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes me jealous - looks great ! You even have plenty of space for sand bed (if your doing a sand bottom)

OP
OP
Meista_Flya

Meista_Flya

It wasn't me!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes me jealous - looks great ! You even have plenty of space for sand bed (if your doing a sand bottom)
I am i specifically placed them to have space for sand. I was thinking about doing bare bottom.... but i just don't think its gonna look the same as a sand bottom. Wanting to get some sand critters too!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back