Plastic Garbage bin used as vacation ATO reservoir

RockyroadReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I was wondering if a plastic Garbage bin (never before used) would be reef safe as an ATO reservoir?

Andrejcas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a great idea. We have an otter at home, and we thought some big tanks would be an excellent place for her to swim in.

Andrejcas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a great idea. We have an otter at home, and we thought some big tanks would be an excellent place for her to swim in. We thought a lot about what would work for it, and then it occurred to me that we could use a new disposal bin for it instead of a pool. We called https://www.186needabin.com/disposal-bins/ to rent it, and they provided us with a big clean tank that we could try out. Even though they are designed for trash and various building materials, the water didn't leak anywhere. After that, we thought about getting one, so our otter could enjoy the water and take a deep dive.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a great idea. We have an otter at home, and we thought some big tanks would be an excellent place for her to swim in. We thought a lot about what would work for it, and then it occurred to me that we could use a new disposal bin for it instead of a pool. We called https://www.186needabin.com/disposal-bins/ to rent it, and they provided us with a big clean tank that we could try out. Even though they are designed for trash and various building materials, the water didn't leak anywhere. After that, we thought about getting one, so our otter could enjoy the water and take a deep dive.
Brute trash cans are food safe and won't leach into the water. Great for many aquarium applications.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 48 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 54 54.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.0%
Back