Platinum clown swim bladder issues?

adan rossell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added two platinum percs.I was a little bit in a rush to float them because their bag was leaking.the bigger one can swim in deep waters while the smaller one cant.he likes it near the top and cant go very deep before coming back up. is this swim bladder?,and if it is is it going to go away?
both are eating fine and pooping.*the one with the issue has dark coloration around his tummy.
I hope i didn't add them to fast.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be swim bladder, or it may be "clownfish trepidation". (A video would help a lot in determining what's going on with your little fellow...)

If it seems that he _can't_ maintain depth, and is floating up to the top, then swim bladder is suspect - but if he's getting partway down and turning around - then he's just going to his "safe space". Clownfish will often return to a "host" location, whether there's an anemone there or not.

~Bruce

OP
OP
A

adan rossell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be swim bladder, or it may be "clownfish trepidation". (A video would help a lot in determining what's going on with your little fellow...)

If it seems that he _can't_ maintain depth, and is floating up to the top, then swim bladder is suspect - but if he's getting partway down and turning around - then he's just going to his "safe space". Clownfish will often return to a "host" location, whether there's an anemone there or not.

~Bruce
hes getting is getting half way down... i have fed him some peas

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peas should help any intestinal blockage / constipation.

Is he bobbing straight up to the surface like a cork, or does he appear to be swimming there by preference? I've just graduated a percula to my display, and he's hovering up in a corner near an overflow ... with a 220 gallon reef to explore. It's just ... where he feels safe right now.

~Bruce

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back