Please dont be what i think it is..

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my zoa rock uve noticed some tenticles waving around inside a small crevice of it and im hoping its not aipesta or mojano someone please help my id this and if it is how do i kill it.. Btw i spent at least 20 min trying to get the best photo i can on my phone so bare with me.
In the center of the rock in the dark hole/crevice you can see it dwelling.

20170503_202743.jpg

20170503_202740.jpg

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know.. I wouldnt be against just chipping out that whole section of rock imbetween my zoas because nothing is growing in the dead center. Would that work? And just taje out the lart the nem is on?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really seeing it well either. If you've seen pics you'll know them whe you see them. And yea if the rock comes out easy you can chip off the lil booger.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its pinkish with flowing tentacles and the tentacles have white tips at the end of them. It hasnt moved from that location for like 4 to 5 days i just now had the time to shine a light to it and it looked like a nem to me. Ill try and take another and see if i can circle the dude.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its pinkish with flowing tentacles and the tentacles have white tips at the end of them. It hasnt moved from that location for like 4 to 5 days i just now had the time to shine a light to it and it looked like a nem to me. Ill try and take another and see if i can circle the dude.
Make sure you google some aptasia pics.
You'll know.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is aiptasia. You can buy some aiptasia x and use the needle side doses to add a drop to the base of it and it will disintegrate right before your eyes. JUST A DROP!!! To be clear.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont have that on hand.. Anything at home i could use? Also will a nem like retract inside a hole in the rock if touched??

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont have that on hand.. Anything at home i could use? Also will a nem like retract inside a hole in the rock if touched??
yep.
I personally like to kill them out of the tank, if you do it wrong like i have, they can spit babies.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well theyv been here for a few days still small tomorrow ill go to my lfs and see if they have anything i can use. With aipasta X can that be used in the tank or no?

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will you know imedietly? I think ill try that first if it wont work then ill take the rocks out and chip the leice off they are on.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well theyv been here for a few days still small tomorrow ill go to my lfs and see if they have anything i can use. With aipasta X can that be used in the tank or no?
You have to use it in your tank. It is a chemical but needs to be applied directly to the anemone. The instructions will guide you but all you really need is a drop from the syringe if you can imagine that.

Back