OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to use it in your tank. It is a chemical but needs to be applied directly to the anemone. The instructions will guide you but all you really need is a drop from the syringe if you can imagine that.
Will you know if it dies from the drop after aplication or have to wait?

Reef2zach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always gone the peppermints shrimp route. Throw 4 or 5 in my tank and the aptasia dissapear. Plus then you got some cool little shrimpies

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will you know if it dies from the drop after aplication or have to wait?
The decomposition is immediate. It will break down and float away to be collected by your filter or hungry fish. I use elimi-aiptas by tropic Marin. It works well for me.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are reef safe.
Okay i think i will hold off on the peppermint shrimp considering my tank hasnt cycled 100% yet or even had its first water change yet.
The decomposition is immediate. It will break down and float away to be collected by your filter or hungry fish. I use elimi-aiptas by tropic Marin. It works well for me.
I think ill try the injecting it first and like i said if it doesnt die ill just take out my rock and chip it off being sure to leave no flesh behind. If i have to do that id rather do it before i get fish or inverts.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Slickwill613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boil water on stove. Use plastic syringe, the kind you give babies medicine with, fill will boiling water, and with the rock out of the tank just douse the ****** in boiling water over and over. Rinse with tankwater, replace rock.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you still have ammoina?

It was all live rock and hitchhikers/
I dont know yet. I have yet to buy a test kit so i have to take water to my LFS to get tested it is on my next purchase for the tank though. Itll be set up for a month this weekend so i was going to go this weekend.

And yes just sand and live rock with hitch hikers lol you already know.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, okay.. so the rocks used are from another tank. I saw zoas attached. Probably should have treated it first.
I dont mind the zoas but the LFS said they cured it before putting in the sell tank.. But this is my first saltwater tank so yeah.. Still learning.. But ive found all kinds of interesting things on the rocks and the only other bad thing was a asternia star.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, okay.. so the rocks used are from another tank. I saw zoas attached. Probably should have treated it first.
Yea pretty cool huh?
Skip cycle the first time out and got free coral too.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah ive loved this whole process so far. Its crazy even though i have no fish or inverts in the tank there is still so much more life in the tank to watch and observe.
Dude it was on tiny lil micro brittle star arm and I was hooked.

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks almost like reptile claws. I would take out of tank and place in tupperware and do whatever u plan to do so the spores dont escape when u try to kill it. Ive seen ppl use blast hot water w a small tube then suck it out w tube (youtube video of it)--this is the cheap method. I would probably scrape or break that part off but make sure u rinse that rock w new saltwater. U have a qt tank?

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude it was on tiny lil micro brittle star arm and I was hooked.
Ive been doing freshwater tanks for the longest time including planted tanks to dedicated shrimp tanks but none of them compete to how awesome salt water is so far. There was never this much life in even a planted tank. But cant say i get to watch a brittle star. So far i just watch the polyps grow and the featherdusters go in and out of their tube.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%

Back