Please give me your opinion on my new rimless tank.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had my new 3/4", four foot tank delivered. Here are some photos of things I noticed. I really want some honest opinions. Is this the norm with a new custom tank?
Corner 1.jpg
Corner 3.jpg
Corner 4.jpg
Edge Chipping.jpg
IMG_20210316_165929.jpg
Panel Misaligned.jpg
Panel Misalignment 2.jpg

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No bueno, who is it from and how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking.. Unless you got it for super cheap or something id defiantly ask for a replacement or refund. Some of those seams are defiantly concerning imo

OP
OP
V

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know everyone wants to know who built it. Right now I'm going to hold up on saying until I communicate with the builder. The first tank I immediately could not accept. With no push back, this tank was produced as a replacement to the first. I was very grateful, but I'm disappointed now with the entire thing. I'm replacing a tank with silicone failure from a custom builder in Singapore, now two back to back tanks from a US company have not met my expectations.

Please keep your opinions coming. Looking for confirmation that I'm not being overly anal or too picky before I say anything.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know everyone wants to know who built it. Right now I'm going to hold up on saying until I communicate with the builder. The first tank I immediately could not accept. With no push back, this tank was produced as a replacement to the first. I was very grateful, but I'm disappointed now with the entire thing. I'm replacing a tank with silicone failure from a custom builder in Singapore, now two back to back tanks from a US company have not met my expectations.

Please keep your opinions coming. Looking for confirmation that I'm not being overly anal or too picky before I say anything.
That is a very “stand up” thing to do, not mentioning the builders name until you get it ironed out.
If this was a replacement for a poorly built tank, it should have gone through better QC and definitely NOT been shipped out in that condition.
Very poor workmanship. I would demand a refund.

gmeazy01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if they don't give you a better replacement or refund yeah tell us who it is and I will definitely share this post to everyone and swear to never buy a tank from them.

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Honestly it looks like someone’s first attempt at building a tank. For the same money you can get a Waterbox or CADE.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is terrible, I feel bad for you. I don't think companies ever think about how much of a pain returns are or maybe they are counting on it being such a pain people will not do returns. If you pay a premium then you should expect great this is not even close to good.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back