M

mihajlo22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need nitrate test kit as well.
What do you plan on putting in your tank? If just fish I would have nitrate phosphate and ammonia test kit
I have clownfish and three snail, I am planing to have corals, also I have 7kg of rock inside.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Free food for fish and coral. No concern and many would love to have a Mandarin goby and have your issue. . LOL

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please

should I turno off the skimmer, will they get all skimmed out? Should I do water change now because water is cloudy? Thank you

Not really. They pretty well stay on the sand, glass and rocks. I am sure the occasional one goes in the skimmer but considering the population it is probably less than 1%

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have clownfish and three snail, I am planing to have corals, also I have 7kg of rock inside.
Do a water change. 20%. You can turn skimmer off for now.
Buy more test kits. Nitrate and ammonia if you want to do corals (depending on type you’ll need other kits)

Jim8o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.. I had a similar thing happen after one of my tanks cycled a few years back. They were pods and after around a week the numbers fell and water cleared up. Think it was a bacteria bloom that made the water cloudy.

F2089406-A021-4D4F-AF1A-861E3C97B0B4.jpeg

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi there, I agree these are copepods which are good to have and require nothing special for you do to.
With regards to cloudy water, it could be a bacterial bloom. Water changes are ok to do, but the bigger concern I would have is keeping the oxygen levels in your water up while the bloom is happening. Bacterial blooms can consume the oxygen and kill your fish. The skimmer is probably helping with the oxygen level so I would not turn it off unless you have other ways to add oxygen (bubbler and creating water surface churn)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%
Back