Please Help Diagnose My Angelfish!

Lil' RegalReefster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, around 12 days ago I purchased a Regal angelfish. When I purchased him he was healthy and eating. About three days after buying him I noticed spots on his tail and upper fin along with notches on his top fin. I originally thought that it was lympho. Although the notches have not progressed, the spots on his tail have appeared to eat away at his skin. I have ordered some Kanaplex to treat whatever may be causing the spots as I believe it may be fungal or bacterial along with metroplex because I believe there are also internal parasites in my tank. BTW he is eating fresh clams and appears to be very healthy (always out and about with full coloration). Here are some pics, I hope they are enough. If you might know what it is please help and advise.

2020-11-16 13.14.27.jpg 2020-11-16 13.14.24.jpg 2020-11-16 13.13.50.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Some additional background information might help, please see the link below my name for a post that outlines some helpful information to try to get you pointed in the right direction.

Although regals get Lymphocystis pretty often those nodules just don't like like it to me. I can just see some of the notching on the dorsal fin and that definitely isn't Lymphocystis. Kanaplex would be a good starting point in regards to an antibiotic to try.

Jay

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throwing this out there. Regals seem to get stressed easily adjusting. To me looks bacterial. So definitely your first steps seem right. ALSO which could be a contributing factor is diet!!! great that he is eating clam but if you say possible internal parasites that could cause lacking nutrients and not getting a varied angel diet could very well be contributing to the problem. I would try something like LRS Fish frenzy soaked in selcon etc. I also just bought bright wells Angelixer for angelfish.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back