Please Help!! I don’t wanna lose this fish!

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Uronema bro. Not much you can do. Every time I have a clown having trouble with equilibrium, It's Uronema. Almost never brooklynella or anything else.
You are correct. I forgot that it was uronema not brook that took my clowns a few years back. I will correct my above post.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This video was 4 years ago and I’ve had many more since. Typically 72 hours after the fish start to so equilibrium problems they’re dead. Sometimes a lot sooner. Once it goes inside the fish is only injections that will help, and most of us are not setup for that.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct. I forgot that it was uronema not brook that took my clowns a few years back. I will correct my above post.
I can’t say for 100% because I can barely see the fish, but from the behavior of how the fish is swimming it’s not gonna be Brooklynella. Just my .02 cents. I hate to say it but he’s probably a goner.

CautiouslyOptimistic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the things that sticks out to me is that he is not using his tail at all. Has he been handled recently? I've never had fish with any of the issues being listed but I thought Uronema showed with bruising/sores. I can't see him well enough to tell if there are any. Either way I hope the little dude pulls through.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i watched that video 5x, the female is going for side fins "kill shot"
would recommend separating immediately.

OP
OP
Reeferburns

Reeferburns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the things that sticks out to me is that he is not using his tail at all. Has he been handled recently? I've never had fish with any of the issues being listed but I thought Uronema showed with bruising/sores. I can't see him well enough to tell if there are any. Either way I hope the little dude pulls through.
Hasn’t been handled at all since I’ve had him. I’ve had him for a month now. He was doing really good but I noticed this morning he was acting weird then tonight I got home from work and noticed he was acting super strange and not using his back fin at all but using his other fins like crazy just to keep swimming.

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hasn’t been handled at all since I’ve had him. I’ve had him for a month now. He was doing really good but I noticed this morning he was acting weird then tonight I got home from work and noticed he was acting super strange and not using his back fin at all but using his other fins like crazy just to keep swimming.
So your tank is a month old and you’ve had the fish for a month? Did the tank cycle with these fish in it? That could be your problem. If your fish die, don’t add any fish for at least 30 days. If you don’t wait, every fish you try to put in the tank will die.

OP
OP
Reeferburns

Reeferburns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your tank is a month old and you’ve had the fish for a month? Did the tank cycle with these fish in it? That could be your problem. If your fish die, don’t add any fish for at least 30 days. If you don’t wait, every fish you try to put in the tank will die.

sorry, so I setup the tank a little before Christmas and had it running for about 2 weeks with nothing in it. Then I added two clowns with fritz so the tank roughly now has been running about 1 month with them in it.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uronema doesn’t always have the vertical sore’s present. Chromis yes…most of the time, but not clowns.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted another video if this shows better!
I can’t visually see anything on the fish, but given the equilibrium issues…it’s Uronema. When clowns have Brooklynella it’s pretty easy to spot. They usually go to the top or start rapid breathing like crazy.

Brooklynella in both videos below:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I’m noticing is that his belly is very big and it looks like one side is bigger. The back fin looks like it’s becoming white. I really don’t wanna lose this fish. I love mis bar clowns and I’ve named this fish already. The tank is coming up on a month old.

I does look like the clown is positively buoyant. It may be rubbing its tail fin against rocks in a struggle to stay down.

Do you have a treatment tank or an isolation basket for it?

Jay

OP
OP
Reeferburns

Reeferburns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, so I setup the tank a little before Christmas and had it running for about 2 weeks with nothing in it. Then I added two clowns with fritz so the tank roughly now has been running about 1 month with them in it.
So your tank is a month old and you’ve had the fish for a month? Did the tank cycle with these fish in it? That could be your problem. If your fish die, don’t add any fish for at least 30 days. If you don’t wait, every fish you try to put in the tank will

OP
OP
Reeferburns

Reeferburns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back