Please help... I think my clown is sick.

abirozy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I have a 28 gallon nano and have 1 yellow wrasse, 1 neon goby, 1 gumdrop clown goby, and two tank raised false perculas. The two clowns I have had for years and they were only in a 2 gallon tank for about 2 years before I recently got my nano.

I have noticed recently my neon goby has developed ich, and while looking carefully at my other fish, I notice one of my clowns almost looks like he has ich, but it is not clear, it is black. In other words, his skin near his gill on one side has turned a little black, and he has like three black spots on the same side of his body.

WHAT DOES MY CLOWN HAVE :(

Also, if it helps, I am about to start treating with Ich-X. Hopefully it doesn't kill my corals... It is supposedly reef safe, but will be watching carefully. I am supposed to remove my carbon, turn off my skimmer, uv, and do a 10% water change every day for about 3-6 days. OUCH.

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black spots on a clown sound like coral stings. Do you have anything like a torch, hammer or frogspawn in the tank it might be trying to host? If that's what they are there is no need to worry. It won't bother the clown and if it leaves the coral along the marks will fade.

Back