Please help ID

Finallysalty80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, can someone help me ID this? It appeared on a piece of live rock I purchased with a bubble tip anenome. I've found three of them (the thing with the pink on it). I apologize for the picture, its the best I can get as it's in a less than ideal location for photographing. Thanks in advance!
20210421_105804.jpg

OP
OP
Finallysalty80

Finallysalty80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I remove them? They all three look like that. I've had the rock and big anenome in the tank for several weeks and just saw these little guys.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d double check and make sure it’s not a Ball Anemone. Like I mentioned earlier in the posts looks very similar. I’m have a problem with them now. They are Beautiful but they are related to rabbits. Probably my fought but they are starting to pop up everywhere and def kill whatever they touch. My tube worms are all moving as far away as they can.
I’ve seen them for awhile and just started getting nervous about it this week. Like I said if you could have 4-5 that would be awesome. Very interesting looking MushAnemone. I’m not sure what kills them or what my next step is going to be. Picture doesn’t do it justice as far as looks but I’ll try and get a better one. I got one I put in my experimental tank, I put things that I know aren’t completely good for the DT in there. It had moved into a empty snail shell so was easy to transport.

08BBC031-6001-4BE6-A092-403304D9DB51.jpeg

Last edited:

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At night with my blue light flashlight. You can see it’s mouth and it’s surrounded by golden balls then a little further out you can see a circle of Blueballs. Very 3D looking. Almost looks like you’re looking through a fallacy of stars and a planet/moon....

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back