OP
OP
jkobel

jkobel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx all fro the info, looks like i missed the boat on this trying to be conscientious of the animals and not medicate if it was unnecessary but seems like that really not going to cut it.

I actually just recovered form an ich outbreak last summer that ultimately killed all fish and the DT was fallow for 4 months. That also promoted me to ultimately build out a quarantine system in my basement that i used for these fish. I guess the lesson is that if you have all the right tools but use them incorrectly it really negates the effort.

my QT system is 2 - 20 gal tanks fully cycled and ready to go. I will do what i can to make due. If anyone is interested i can update here as things progress

again, thx all for the input

OP
OP
jkobel

jkobel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple questions

1. I have a mandarin and a scooter. I have read they do not do well in quarantine. Is that because of food source or are they not good with copper?

2. does pulling everything out and going fallow help with flukes or digeneans as far as eradicating them from the DT?

3. Do i need to do anything to treat the digeneans once i get him out of the DT?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back