Please help...loss of Wifi conneciton....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a little help and I apologize in advance if it is so "rookieish" but I am not that proficient when it comes to programming, set ups etc...I was able to set the Profilux 4 up along with my doser 2.1 and my 7206 lights (much to my surprise) and it has been cooperating and connecting via wifi perfectly until this morning. For some reason upon trying to connect this morning it will not do it via Wifi. can someone please help me through this as I am leaving for Alaska in about 10 days for 2.5 months and really need to be able to monitor and connect. It is so distressing to me how stupid I am when it comes to this but here I am asking for assistance. Thank you in advance! BTW I have obviously turned power off to the profi...4 and rebooted my computer etc... and what distresses me most is that before I went to bed I increased the dosing amount on one of the doser pumps via Wifi and it worked as it should and I went to bed....today no such luck!!!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Swoody - Sorry for the Delayed response was sleeping, can you ping the device?

@JoshH - Thanks for the tag hehe
Are you trying from the Desktop software, or the App or both can not connect?

Can you web into the P4 directly?

OP
OP
Swoody

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying from the desktop... works fine with usb cable connection. How do I ping it ( sorry!)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Swoody - No problem.

If you know the IP of the P4, can you from a web Browser go http://IP Address of the P4 for example my IP of my P4 is 192.168.1.55 in my web browser do http://192.168.1.77

To ping the device:
Click on your start or windows key
in the search type cmd
then click on the command prompt app.
cmd_Prmpt.png

From your command prompt
type ping and the ip address of your device. For example mine would be ping 192.168.1.55 and then click enter. It should come back with a reply does it?
ping_reply.png

OP
OP
Swoody

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in what I thought was my IP address for the P4 and it comes back "destination host unreachable." But I am not 100% that the IP is correct. How can I verify this. 192.168.1.20 is what I think it is.... and I do appreciate all your assistance!!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connect to the P4 via usb connection in the system section you should see your IP address, take a screen shot and you can post it here. Did you configure DHCP or a static IP address on the unit?

No problems we will get this figured out.

OP
OP
Swoody

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so it shows my ip address as being totally different than what I had thought...going to input that and retry...is there any way that this could change???

OP
OP
Swoody

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK we are back!!! I have no idea what changed my IP in the connection ? At any rate I certainly appreciate your help here!! As stated, I may be in a bit over my head with this system, but thanks you "smart" folks like you and other fine people on this forum

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back