Please help me figure out my water volume

greetl01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to dose prazipro and I added my rock and sand without measuring what was left smh I have a 29 gallon tank, 30 pounds of rock and about 30 pounds of sand. thanks

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s cool, @Seadoc .

As an approximation, I was going to say, mark your water level with a piece of tape on the outside of the tank. Siphon out water into a gallon jug, or even a 5 gallon bucket. Measure how far down the water level drops. And then calculate how much water is in the tank using that method. Note that less water by volume could be down in the tank with the rocks are, but that’s why I was asking for a photo. Lol. Best wishes.

OP
OP
greetl01

greetl01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s cool, @Seadoc .

As an approximation, I was going to say, mark your water level with a piece of tape on the outside of the tank. Siphon out water into a gallon jug, or even a 5 gallon bucket. Measure how far down the water level drops. And then calculate how much water is in the tank using that method. Note that less water by volume could be down in the tank with the rocks are, but that’s why I was asking for a photo. Lol. Best wishes.
Can’t. Already added fish
thank you. Going to try now

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I think you misunderstood me. Even with fish in there you can certainly siphon out a single gallon, correct?

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dose known volume of dye in tank. Measure with spectrometer. Do math.

Back