OP
marco fish

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planaria torva flatworm
Thank you @vetteguy53081 and @Crabs McJones for helping me out, and finding out the right ID on this Critter, I really do appreciate it ! Besides the wrasses, and Flatworm Exit as @Reefahholic mentioned in the thread, is there anything else that I can do, or should do? What approach would you guy’s take? I am always very careful when I get something new and in the dipping stages, to make sure to scrutinize it well, I guess this one slipped through the cracks somehow! And just like that, when you think that everything is doing good, and the reef tank is on point, here comes from out of the blue , this tiny little monster called a Flatworm, that has made me stay up half the night tossing and turning, and forced me to get out of bed to do more research on it! I Love this hobby most of the time, lol ;)

OP
OP
marco fish

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had less than 100 for about a month. I think my leopard wrasse took them out or mandarin at the time. Or possibly their food source ran out. I haven’t seen any in over a year though. Just my experiences not cure suggestions necessarily.
Thank you @Hemmdog , what was the website that you ordered from not to long ago, that you got a wrasse and tang and you were very happy with your purchase?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Hemmdog , what was the website that you ordered from not to long ago, that you got a wrasse and tang and you were very happy with your purchase?
I got my moyers and tomini from my transshipper but I believe I was talking about marine collectors. They are great and qt and treat your fish before they send them out. Expensive but if you include the qt in the cost it’s not so bad.

OP
OP
marco fish

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my moyers and tomini from my transshipper but I believe I was talking about marine collectors. They are great and qt and treat your fish before they send them out. Expensive but if you include the qt in the cost it’s not so bad.
Thank you bro, going to keep researching and take a look at that website! I am up now with no signs of being tired, or in pain from my recent operation of 2 hernias , great time to have to deal with a tank Critter, lol

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you bro, going to keep researching and take a look at that website! I am up now with no signs of being tired, or in pain from my recent operation of 2 hernias , great time to have to deal with a tank Critter, lol
Absolutely! Haha. Wishing you a swift recovery !

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Best approach would be wrasse ( non-chemical). 4 line wrasse May consume flatworms also.

OP
OP
marco fish

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best approach would be wrasse ( non-chemical). 4 line wrasse May consume flatworms also.
Thank You again @vetteguy53081 that’s how I want to approach the situation at hand, naturally! So I am going to get a couple of wrasses on Thursday. I have been reading up on this a lot now with my Reefing Insomnia, lol, and with the help of @Reefahholic as well that Fenbendazole or Panacur C treatment for dogs with Flatworms, that this works to eradicate the Planarian. So if the natural approach doesn’t work out then I’ll go this route. Thank you again

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You again @vetteguy53081 that’s how I want to approach the situation at hand, naturally! So I am going to get a couple of wrasses on Thursday. I have been reading up on this a lot now with my Reefing Insomnia, lol, and with the help of @Reefahholic as well that Fenbendazole or Panacur C treatment for dogs with Flatworms, that this works to eradicate the Planarian. So if the natural approach doesn’t work out then I’ll go this route. Thank you again

Manually remove as many as possible (whip your glass with a rag. They can be toxic when they are killed in mass with flatworm exit. Make sure you do water changes after you see them dying. I had to deal with them in the past. Manual removal, a wrasse, and flat worm exit and you will be good

OP
OP
marco fish

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manually remove as many as possible (whip your glass with a rag. They can be toxic when they are killed in mass with flatworm exit. Make sure you do water changes after you see them dying. I had to deal with them in the past. Manual removal, a wrasse, and flat worm exit and you will be good
Thank you @SneakyTortuga, I have now found the 7th one the glass in 5 days, I am going to get the fish first and let them get to work. Observe for a few days after that and then make the decision to use the Flatworm exit or the Fenbendazole (I think that both things are the same medication) I don’t think that my situation is too drastic right now but I will stay vigilant, and I really do appreciate the come back with your advice! :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back