Please help me with skimmer?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please tell me what my skimmer is doing?!just turned it on and its like what. Its quantumn nyos 120. How do i make it work what do i adjust? The cup is filled with whire stuff in the middle and water but its not overflow. What do i do? I cant underatand the manual

Attachments

• 20220922_195817.mp4
    12 MB

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please tell me what my skimmer is doing?!just turned it on and its like what. Its quantumn nyos 120. How do i make it work what do i adjust? The cup is filled with whire stuff in the middle and water but its not overflow. What do i do? I cant underatand the manual

NEW skimmers have a film left on them from the manufacturing process. It makes them GO CRAZY!

You need to just turn it down and let it run, remove the cup if you need to and it will spill into the sump.

It takes a few days to a week to remove this film. Then you need to tune it using the dial. When you are ready to do this, you want bubbles up to the bottom of the cup... then you are done. You may need to adjust in the beginning but eventually it doesn't need tinkering anymore. Make sure you have it at the correct depth.

Until this film is removed... the skimmer may overflow or pull lots of water.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEW skimmers have a film left on them from the manufacturing process. It makes them GO CRAZY!

You need to just turn it down and let it run, remove the cup if you need to and it will spill into the sump.

It takes a few days to a week to remove this film. Then you need to tune it using the dial. When you are ready to do this, you want bubbles up to the bottom of the cup... then you are done. You may need to adjust in the beginning but eventually it doesn't need tinkering anymore.

Until this film is removed... the skimmer may overflow or pull lots of water.
Like in the video i uploaded its not ovetflowing so what should i do

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like in the video i uploaded its not ovetflowing so what should i do

Dump the cup back into the tank and then leave it to run/do its thing. I can see plenty of bubbles coming up the neck.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dump the cup back into the tank and then leave it to run/do its thing. I can see plenty of bubbles coming up the neck.
I dumped it and it went back up. Its not ovetflowing thars whats confusing should it be over flowing

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dumped it and it went back up. Its not ovetflowing thars whats confusing should it be over flowing

It doesn't matter if it is or isn't, the bubbles are going up the neck... just remove the cup then and let it run.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't matter if it is or isn't, the bubbles are going up the neck... just remove the cup then and let it run.
Like remove the whole cup ? Like the whole thing not even the cover?

Natural_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank? The sump looks too clean!
Anyhow, undo the collection cup, fully open air intake and water outlet. Let it runs for awhile to break it in.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whole thing... it needs time to calm down and the cup doesn't need to be on
So heres the situation.

Removed the cup.

I have the air valve at the top open 75% the one that says open and close. The screw thingy next to it is fully open.

The air valve thingy at the top do i open it fully or 75% im confused?

Those 2 screws ar the top.

Now in the manual it says close the screw again so im really confused. Screenshot_20220922-213232_Adobe Acrobat.jpg Screenshot_20220922_212758_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• 20220922_210328.mp4
    33.9 MB

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can slowly close it a bit so it doesn't overflow as much to help with microbubbles but regardless of what you do.... it is going to break in either way.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can slowly close it a bit so it doesn't overflow as much to help with microbubbles but regardless of what you do.... it is going to break in either way.
So leave it the way its in the video i attached above?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So leave it the way its in the video i attached above?

Ya, it is fine, as long as it is on and producing bubbles up the cup, it will break in and nothing else matters at this point.

Over the next few days the bubbles may change and you adjust from there. Eventually it will be easy to tune it so the bubbles only rise to the bottom cup part and eventually when the tank has nutrients, it will produce skim.

Right now I would just let it run a few days.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What livestock do you have in the tank? Don't be surprised if you won't get too many bubbles (once the skimmer is broken in) if there isn't much nutrient in the system.
I only have 2 clowns and hermit crabs for now. Im going to get more stuff soon. But figured to let it run to get it to break in

Back