Please help my local Petco solve this problem . . . .

Pico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are pictures from my local Petco that has some saltwater aquariums. The aquarium manager is a very nice guy and would like some help.

I did the testing for him (he only has the off the shelf API stuff)
Nitrate (Nyos) - 5 ppm
Phosphate (Hanna ULM) - 0.90 ppm

I thought he had a low nutrient problem but his phosphates are sky high. Is it because Nitrates are so low, relatively?

My observations: they keep very few fish. It is a low volume store. They only feed once a day. They are using T5s and the worst tanks had 2 bulbs running (tanks with 1 bulb were better or clear). In addition, running mostly white.

Thoughts on what it is and what they should do? Thanks.

IMG_2550.jpg IMG_2551.jpg IMG_2552.jpg IMG_2553.jpg IMG_2554.jpg IMG_2555.jpg

OP
OP
P

Pico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are pictures from my local Petco that has some saltwater aquariums. The aquarium manager is a very nice guy and would like some help.

I did the testing for him (he only has the off the shelf API stuff)
Nitrate (Nyos) - 5 ppm
Nitrate (Hanna ULM) - 0.90 ppm

I thought he had a low nutrient problem but his phosphates are sky high. Is it because Nitrates are so low, relatively?

My observations: they keep very few fish. It is a low volume store. They only feed once a day. They are using T5s and the worst tanks had 2 bulbs running (tanks with 1 bulb were better or clear). In addition, running mostly white.

Thoughts on what it is and what they should do? Thanks.

IMG_2550.jpg IMG_2551.jpg IMG_2552.jpg IMG_2553.jpg IMG_2554.jpg IMG_2555.jpg

Are these individual tanks with HoB filtration or are they all tied in to a larger system/sump

Are these individual tanks with HoB filtration or are they all tied in to a larger system/sump?
1 integrated system

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t think my petco does abs they have tanks full of algae and that’ would be why as well as a reason for the high po4. Cyano grows in low flow if anyone has it you need more flow which I’m sure they do not have power heads and not very much return flow In those tanks if it’s a standard petco commercial marine land rack system

OP
OP
P

Pico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think my petco does abs they have tanks full of algae and that’ would be why as well as a reason for the high po4. Cyano grows in low flow if anyone has it you need more flow which I’m sure they do not have power heads and not very much return flow In those tanks if it’s a standard petco commercial marine land rack system

OP
OP
P

Pico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply. It is a Standard Commercial Marineland Rack System - I had never seen one before

OP
OP
P

Pico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for your reply. It is a Standard Commercial Marineland Rack System - I had never seen one before

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back