Please help on why torch not open and id one extra weird stuff next to it.

dante2046

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, need help on understanding why my black torch partially close up. I ordered that along with the other torch and a hammer. They were doing happy. And please id that little flower looling thing next to the black torch. It came along with the coral on the skeleton and couldnt get it off. Thanks.

16269089280708566843775856597415.jpg

OP
OP
dante2046

dante2046

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may or may not help. You should always have lugol's iodine on hand. So get that as soon as you can.
Got it, so the injured head is already gone, no flesh left as of the injured one. I had sucked out last piece of it with turkey baster lol And now its the alive one can he make it or should i discard by minimizing water contamination from flesh flowing into water with bjd?

Upvote 0

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So treatment i saw its iodine, so should i get iodine today?
Iodine is hit or miss sometimes you need to know the proper amount for a dip but it can be nice to have around. Look into iodide or the lugol's stuff might be a better alternative.

Upvote 1

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got it, so the injured head is already gone, no flesh left as of the injured one. I had sucked out last piece of it with turkey baster lol And now its the alive one can he make it or should i discard by minimizing water contamination from flesh flowing into water with bjd?
Sadly, from what I seen. I don't know what to do other than an antibiotic treatment.
do an iodine dip. It could help the healthy head.
I am tempted to buy another torch, pull off the plug and give them 1 day treatment of cipro.

Upvote 0

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its even nice to dose iodide to the tank this can prevent bjd from spreading. Just to be clear look for iodide. Its supposed to be much more effective than reef iodine. At least from what I've read might just be marketing lol.

Be very careful not to overdose and test iodine levels if possible!

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back