Please help with identifying this disease

arcticfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, need some help with a fish disease. I have a small to medium gem tank that I have had for about 2 months that believe has Lymphocystis.
back ground with this fish. When I received the gem tang he was in quarantine with 4 other tangs for about 3-3.5 weeks. While in quarantine they were all treated with furan 2, a therapeutic level of 2.25 copper and prozy pro.
On the day of transfer to display tank I noticed 1 tiny dot on the fin of the gem tang. Over the last 2-3 weeks in Display tank the spot has grown in size and now has moved to his body where the fin touches the body. Today I noticed one of my purple tangs started to get it on a single fin. The fish are in a 200 gallon newly established tank. If anyone has any other thoughts with what they believe this could be please fell free to help me out. I would like to try to get the fish into my 2nd hospital tank and I have a power blue and fox face in the quarantine right now. If I can not remove fish from display would I be ok to leave in display tank for if it is lymphocystis I believe it is a waiting game with no kind of treatment. These are the best pictures that I could get
F86851DE-597A-4615-84F4-CA9A2C94D3D0.jpeg
C6F74154-27C6-47CA-99E2-FA928F67C955.jpeg
B67CCFEE-297F-4DBD-80E7-16EE0A6660FB.jpeg

OP
OP
A

arcticfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention while the gem was in quarantine he got to close to my mp10 and was stuck on the side for f it. I do t k ow for how long but his Dorsal and rear fin was shredded and caused Popeyes. Popeye only lasted about 4-5 days. I read lymphocystis can happen after a fish gets popeye.

Upvote 0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back