Please help with my new Clownfish

Eric Rap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I got two clownfish just over a week ago. My one clown fish hasn't been eating as much, or gotten an appetite like the other one has since introducing them into the tank. They both seemed to be making great progression and for the past week seemed healthy.

I got home today around 5pm to find my one clown fish not being his usual self. He seemed to not be moving very much at all, was staying near the top of the tank and seemed to be gasping. Over the next couple hours things seemed to worsen. He started to maintain around a 30 degree angle and when he would move start to hit rocks and seem like he couldn't control his movements that well. He is not at the point where I feel sadly he is going to pass. He is now not really swimming around at all and cant control his body to remain vertical when he tries. He has gotten very very pale and i almost want to say translucent. This is the fish i would say never really got a good appetite since I've had him for a week.

I am now very worried about my other fish who was eating very well and shown to be healthy the past week, but now he is starting to act erratic and agitated. I know this sounds horrible but should I take what i think to be my dying fish out of the tank in hopes to protect the other one (i don't have another tank).

Lastly on the clownfish that is now sick, i want to note i believe he had a "light" almost dusting patch on his one side when i received him. It wasn't spots, and it wasn't a noticeable white patch on him but when the light him him properly you could see a slight white haze almost. Do you guys believe my fish have brook or velvet?

I have attached showing how he was at 8pm (6 second video) and a video of how he is at 12:30am now (3 second video).

I also checked my water parameters and they are acceptable.

Thank you for any quick responses or help. Please let me know if there is anything else i can provide with you at all to help me!

Attachments

• VID_20200402_192931_LS.mp4
    10.1 MB
  • VID_20200403_002459.mp4
    22.3 MB

Ding2daDong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increase water agitation to improve oxygen in the water. Even add a bubblier with an air stone if possible. I wouldn't try and feed now. Just limit stress and hope for the best. Try to feed tomorrow if the fish looks any better. Could be something else but that's my initial response with the video you posted.

Were they eating pellets at the fish store? Did it look healthy when you got them?

OP
OP
E

Eric Rap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increase water agitation to improve oxygen in the water. Even add a bubblier with an air stone if possible. I wouldn't try and feed now. Just limit stress and hope for the best. Try to feed tomorrow if the fish looks any better. Could be something else but that's my initial response with the video you posted.

Were they eating pellets at the fish store? Did it look healthy when you got them?

Thank you for the response! I thought the same so i moved the one pump head to agitate the surface water more. Only thing is the rate at which I feel like the fishes health declined, it wasn't gradual. Crossing my fingers and hoping in the morning he's still doing ok. Will update on the morning.

OP
OP
E

Eric Rap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen much aggression between these two?
I saw slight agression when I first introduced the two of them in my tank. For the most part I don't think they fight or are aggressive, I see them swim all day with one another no problem.

radsdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often when there are two Clowns roughly the same size, you can have issues, even when you don't see much aggression. Hopefully, things will sort out.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back