Please Help? WXM issues with MP40 and Gen 4 Radions

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my MP40w QD working just fine on the WXM. I was trying to add my XR30w Gen 4 Radions to the WXM, unsuccessfully, and now the MP40 isn't attached and I can't get it back. I can't get the Radions attached either. :(

For the MP40, I have been going through this process. The two LEDs on the WXM are green. The MP40 dial is solid green. I hold Mode and Set, the dial turns to Red-X-Blue (where X is supposed to be white, but it looks more like orange?), then I press Set and the dial turns to X-Blue (where again, X looks like orange but is supposed to be Yellow?)... In my outlet list, I see two Vortech instances (MP40a and Vortech_4_3), and when I select either one, they show the correct program that I had setup, but the MP40 isn't running. In my Dashboard, they both say Missing. Any ideas???

For the Radions, I connected them to EcoSmart live and reset them. I selected the "Attach" box under the WXM configuration, and uploaded configuration. But I don't see anything at all about the Radions anywhere in my dashboard. This is driving me crazy... Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,
--Kyle

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At any point did you connect the Radions or MP40 to the Mobius app? If you did, that upgraded the Ecotech firmware to a version that's no longer compatible with the WXM, and you'll need to follow the instructions here to downgrade the Ecotech firmware back to a version that the WXM can connect to:

OP
OP
kyley

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At any point did you connect the Radions or MP40 to the Mobius app? If you did, that upgraded the Ecotech firmware to a version that's no longer compatible with the WXM, and you'll need to follow the instructions here to downgrade the Ecotech firmware back to a version that the WXM can connect to:

Thanks for your reply!
I haven't done anything at all with the MP40 as far as upgrades go.

I'm pretty sure the Radions were running with ReefLink or Apex WXM on my friend's tank previously. I was going to try to set it up on Mobius (I checked and it does have the newer RF chip installed), but I have read a lot of horror stories about Mobius.

OP
OP
kyley

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak for the MP40 process, but have you tried these instructions for the Radions?

Yes, that is what I tried. However it's so old it doesn't seem to match the current interface. It says to:
2. In the WXM Configuration, select the “Reset Radions” button ...
3. In the WXM Configuration, select the “Attach Radions” button.
But there are no Rest Radions or Attach Radions buttons There's the "Attach" check box, which I have tried to use. But it doesn't appear to have attached them. Thanks,
--Kyle

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that is what I tried. However it's so old it doesn't seem to match the current interface. It says to:
2. In the WXM Configuration, select the “Reset Radions” button ...
3. In the WXM Configuration, select the “Attach Radions” button.
But there are no Rest Radions or Attach Radions buttons There's the "Attach" check box, which I have tried to use. But it doesn't appear to have attached them. Thanks,
--Kyle
What software version and RF version is your WXM running?
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 10.29.42 PM.png

OP
OP
kyley

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What software version and RF version is your WXM running?
Here's what mine says:
Rev 1.11, RF Rev 1.2 (1,0,7,0),(0,3,0),(133,0,0)
MP40a - Rev 0.0 Missing-1
Vortech_4_2 - Rev 0.0 Missing-2
Vortech_4_3 - Rev 0.0 Missing-3
Radion_4_17 - Rev 0.0.0 - Missing
Radion_4_18 - Rev 0.0.0 - Missing

After rebooting my Apex, it shows all that Vortech and Radion lines that weren't there before. So maybe I'm making progress?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what mine says:
Rev 1.11, RF Rev 1.2 (1,0,7,0),(0,3,0),(133,0,0)
Vortech_4_2 - Rev 0.0 Missing-2
Radion_4_17 - Rev 0.0.0 - Missing
Radion_4_18 - Rev 0.0.0 - Missing

After rebooting my Apex, it shows all that Vortech and Radion lines that weren't there before. So maybe I'm making progress?
You should update the WXM software. Version 1.11 is very old, and could be the cause of the problem. On the WXM configuration screen, select Software Update from the Action dropdown, then click the orange cloud to initiate the update.

OP
OP
kyley

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should update the WXM software. Version 1.11 is very old, and could be the cause of the problem. On the WXM configuration screen, select Software Update from the Action dropdown, then click the orange cloud to initiate the update.

I did that a little while ago. I'm wondering if it didn't take?

At any rate, I was able to go to the System diagram now and see the Radions! I can control them now! :) BUT, it only shows 6 controllable settings? Aren't there supposed to be more with the Gen 4?

I still can't get the MP40 to reconnect... I'll keep fiddling around with it and try to update the software. Thanks,
--Kyle

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did that a little while ago. I'm wondering if it didn't take?

At any rate, I was able to go to the System diagram now and see the Radions! I can control them now! :) BUT, it only shows 6 controllable settings? Aren't there supposed to be more with the Gen 4?

I still can't get the MP40 to reconnect... I'll keep fiddling around with it and try to update the software. Thanks,
--Kyle
Are these Radion XR30 G4, or Radion XR30 G4 Pro? Only the Pro version has the additional color channels.

OP
OP
kyley

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these Radion XR30 G4, or Radion XR30 G4 Pro? Only the Pro version has the additional color channels.

Pro. Looking at the box right now. I'm going to try updating the WXM software again. Maybe that's the issue...

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pro. Looking at the box right now. I'm going to try updating the WXM software again. Maybe that's the issue...
I've read that sometimes after an update, you need to disconnect the WXM from all AquaBus cables for it to do a complete reboot, then plug it back in.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried that as well (earlier and again just now).

Can you post a screenshot of the WXM setup screen showing all the version numbers?

Also, which model of Apex are you using, and what version of AOS is it running?

OP
OP
kyley

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current AOS, just updated it.
I can send a screenshot in a bit for WXM, but it shows this on the left side:
Hardware Version0
Software Version13 (OK)
And this on the right:

Status
Rev 1.11, RF Rev 1.2 (1,2,7,0),(2,3,3),(247,0,0)
Vortech_4_2 - Rev 255.255 Missing-2
Radion_4_17 - Rev 2.2.15 - OK
Radion_4_18 - Rev 2.2.15 - OK

OP
OP
kyley

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a screenshot of the WXM setup screen showing all the version numbers?

Also, which model of Apex are you using, and what version of AOS is it running?
I forgot to mention, it's the latest (2016) full Apex. It does recognize my lights as G4 Pros, but the WXM version is too old to support them. It's 1.11 and needs to be 1.15. It will not update no matter what I do. :( Maybe it's too old to update from 1.11 to 1.15?? :(

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention, it's the latest (2016) full Apex. It does recognize my lights as G4 Pros, but the WXM version is too old to support them. It's 1.11 and needs to be 1.15. It will not update no matter what I do. :( Maybe it's too old to update from 1.11 to 1.15?? :(
You should probably open a ticket with Neptune Support. I don't see any reason why it won't update the version.

OP
OP
kyley

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should probably open a ticket with Neptune Support. I don't see any reason why it won't update the version.

Yeah, I'm sending a support request. This is so annoying. I tried updating again and now the Radions are no longer connected. :( It now says this on the right side:
Rev 0.0, RF Rev 0.0 (1,0,0,0),(0,0,0),(250,0,0)
Update Status: 0
Update State: 7
Update Error: 0

OP
OP
kyley

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhat good news! Just thought I'd try something different. I changed the Frequency from 1 to 2 and then did the update and this time it went through. I was able to attach the Radions again. Still no luck with the MP40. Don't know what to do on that... But making progress at least. I now have all 8 channels for the Radions showing on the Apex. :) Thanks,
--Kyle

Back