PLEASE HELP !!

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CP is effective if get as close as possible to pharmaceutic grade. Where did you purchase it?

Read this article link below

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on brooklynella.
If youre waiting for treatment to arrive, I would use although not the recommended treatment- PraziPro for now.
I am just curious what benefit the Prazi dip would have?

A FW dip could remove some of the attached parasites and provide temporary relief, but prazi is for worms.

OP
OP
L

LMyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i purchased it from a pharmacy online.

Do you guys suggest i set up a bucket with air pump in and matured marine pure balls and place all the fish in while i wait for the treatment?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i purchased it from a pharmacy online.

Do you guys suggest i set up a bucket with air pump in and matured marine pure balls and place all the fish in while i wait for the treatment?
The fish can stay in the tank they are in until you have a medication on hand. Brook has a direct life cycle. The parasite multiplies on the fish itself. So moving the fish without medication won't be of much benefit unless you give them a 5min FW dip during the transfer.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would conduct FWD, place in sterile environment with air pump, ammonia alert badge, and heater. You'll need to get yourself nitrifying bacteria like BIOSPIRA or Dr. Tims and ammonia reducing agent such as amquel or prime until your CP arrives. Ammonia is going to be your biggest issue as this isn't a cycled environment. Have plenty of black up saltwater prepared just in case.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am just curious what benefit the Prazi dip would have?

A FW dip could remove some of the attached parasites and provide temporary relief, but prazi is for worms.
I had brook only once with clownfish and of course it was a Sunday- no stores open
I lowered salinity and added some prazi as I figured if anything internal, it wouldn’t hurt.
The following morning when I returned from work- they looked much better.
I treated 2 days later. Still have clowns
Im sure increase in temp and lower salinity helped

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had brook only once with clownfish and of course it was a Sunday- no stores open
I lowered salinity and added some prazi as I figured if anything internal, it wouldn’t hurt.
The following morning when I returned from work- they looked much better.
I treated 2 days later. Still have clowns
Im sure increase in temp and lower salinity helped
Thanks, I was just curious as to what your reasoning was. Makes sense now. :)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with brook. It doesn’t usually present on flame angels so I worry about velvet too. A combo copper and metro would take care of both.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would conduct FWD, place in sterile environment with air pump, ammonia alert badge, and heater. You'll need to get yourself nitrifying bacteria like BIOSPIRA or Dr. Tims and ammonia reducing agent such as amquel or prime until your CP arrives. Ammonia is going to be your biggest issue as this isn't a cycled environment. Have plenty of black up saltwater prepared just in case.

No offense but I think using the word "sterile" is confusing to someone who has never done this before. There is no such thing as sterile QT or hospital tanks. The tank is not sterile, the water is not sterile, etc.

What is meant is a parasite free tank. Clean tank, fresh water, etc.

Personally I'd do the freshwater bath as a temporary measure but only do it once for no more than 5 minutes. More than that will be way too much stress for the fish.

Just my opinion.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and if you have no invertebrates you can use CP directly in the display tank! (Or take out your inverts to the bucket while treating the DT). Treat, wait 30 days, then run activated carbon to clear it out. See the article that was linked earlier.

Back