Please help!!!!

Kamila89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 blue tang with ich after doing my research I got to the conclusion that an other 2 have parasites Yellow tang and cream angel (cloudy eye, white poo, no eating, stringy like brown worms attack to my angel fish body)‍♀I’m treating Ich with aqualife cure which is safe for invertebrates and i’m waiting for Metroplex to arrive. I’ve treating ick for the last 4 days but I haven’t seen much of the improvement + 83/84 water temperature. My water parameters are good but I’m very worry and frustrated me because is so much inf out there that Idk what to do.
I tried to putt them out but they got very stressed plush one of my clowns almost had a heart attack as soon we stop chasing the other 3 he stated to swim again, so they still in my display tank. I just got a 135 gallon tank before this happened and I’m waiting to be ready so I can putt them in their new home. Please could somebody suggest me if I should stay with this medication or try something else like ICK X? Can I use ick med in combination with Metroplex or other med to treat my other fish. I have a protein skimmer should I take off the cup? Thanks in advance.

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay okay calm down. Let’s figure this out @Big G @Humblefish will help us out here a lot. Sounds like you’ve got internal parasites, and the ick was caused by stress either from adding to the tank or from the parasites. Cloudy eyes don’t sound good, are they cloudy or do they have white spots on them? Maybe try doing a freshwater dip in a dark container, and see if anything falls off. If stuff does, then it’s flukes, and not ick. If they’re having trouble breathing try to get some extra oxygen into the tank with a bubbler or aim your powerheads at the surface to cause agitation. Good luck, and I hope these guys can help.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To properly treat ich you need to remove the infected fish from your display tank and place them in a hospital/quarantine tank where you can treat them with copper. You can also treat them for internal parasites in this hospital tank using food soaked in API General Cure and Seachem Focus.

To fully eradicate ich from your display tank, you'll have to remove all of your fish and let the tank go fallow (fishless) for 76 days minimum. This will ensure the ich parasites in your tank starve and die off.

Any other approach is not going to get rid of the disease/parasite and you'll have to go with an ich management approach instead. Given that your fish are dealing with potential internal and external parasites in addition to ich, I would highly recommend removing them for treatment. Ich management is difficult enough without dealing with the other issues.

This is probably not what you want to hear, but there is no reef safe approach to treating ich in your display tank. Any of the treatment methods you're referencing like Ich-X are not going to kill the parasite. Your tank will still be infected with the parasite and any future stress events will likely cause an outbreak.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! We are all here to help!
Do you have a quarantine tank? Are all the fish in one tank? How big is it?
First thing to fix is simple, you don't need to raise the temp of the tank. It doesn't help in saltwater. It actually lowers the amount of oxygen in the water. So lowering the temp to 78 or so will help the fish breathe a bit better. While lowering it lets add some more O2. Adding a powerhead aimed up to the surface where it is actively rippling the water's surface greatly increases the O2 in the water column. Airstones are OK but the powerhead is better.
Can we see some pics of the fish?
And a list of the meds you have on hand and a list of what you have ordered?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back