Please help!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I had a Wrasse. I got him the same day I got the Chromis he died a few weeks after that. I also had another fish he was small and he was yellow and magenta I think he died too but I can't find his body and I didn't see him when I cleaned my tank last week so. Do you think they died of Uronema?
Can’t say, did they have the same lesions? The other fish was probably a dottyback or total gramma, I’ve not seen Uronema on those species before.
It really helps to buy fish that have been at the store for at least 2 weeks, 4 is better, then quarantine them properly when you take them home.
Jay

OP
OP
G

greenchromis81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t say, did they have the same lesions? The other fish was probably a dottyback or total gramma, I’ve not seen Uronema on those species before.
It really helps to buy fish that have been at the store for at least 2 weeks, 4 is better, then quarantine them properly when you take them home.
Jay
Thank you for telling me I will keep this in mind.

OP
OP
G

greenchromis81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1616686160580.png
This is the "yellow and magenta" fish I was talking about.
Jay

lkc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it's a bummer when you get a new fish and have to put him in quarantine. Total buzzkill.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, does Uronema cause lots of algae to appear? Just wondering.
No - there is no correlation between algae growth and Uronema...just coincidental.

Jay

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back