Can any one say why it’s is coming in my sump and what it is ? Please
74241ee661beec20ce982559696dd955.jpg

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to look up Donovan’s reactor as I’ve never heard of one. Intriguing concept to say the least. I’ll be doing some more reading on it out of sheer curiosity. More than likely the bacteria/carbon source from that.
Happy to help.

OP
OP
Ponraj A

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to look up Donovan’s reactor as I’ve never heard of one. Intriguing concept to say the least. I’ll be doing some more reading on it out of sheer curiosity. More than likely the bacteria/carbon source from that.
Happy to help.
I am glad and please find attached image of the same. Its the great and my nitrate or never more than 2ppm except this slime problem in my sump. I feed heavily that is Artemia/1cube of black worm in the morning ; two times auto feeder with pellets during the day and in night DIY prawns mix ; two times a week reef roids to my corals.

I also dont undertsand what you mean by "More than likely the bacteria/carbon source from that."

IMG_6219.JPG

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The snippet i skimmed over was explaining how to also add bacteria through a port in the reactor to feed/seed the media.
As far as recommendations on remediation of the slime, I’m unsure honestly. I have some on the shaded underside of my rocks in the display. Never thought to remove it personally.
Unfortunately, I suffer the opposite end of the spectrum with No3. I struggle to maintain even trace readings on my salifert kit.

OP
OP
Ponraj A

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The snippet i skimmed over was explaining how to also add bacteria through a port in the reactor to feed/seed the media.
As far as recommendations on remediation of the slime, I’m unsure honestly. I have some on the shaded underside of my rocks in the display. Never thought to remove it personally.
Unfortunately, I suffer the opposite end of the spectrum with No3. I struggle to maintain even trace readings on my salifert kit.
you mean you are having less nitrates?

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might get away with some kind of filter on the output ( Donovan used a coffe strainer ) and manually remove the stuff that’s in your sump. Try one thing at a time until one of the works. Give it a few days to balance out

OP
OP
Ponraj A

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might get away with some kind of filter on the output ( Donovan used a coffe strainer ) and manually remove the stuff that’s in your sump. Try one thing at a time until one of the works. Give it a few days to balance out

Yes for sure will do that [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back