Please Id

Mr marine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please could someone I.d this for me they are little red things about half inch long and hard just noticed that there’s quite a few in my tank not sure wether they are a living thing or not

C55CBD1D-61AF-4733-8527-F401388750AD.jpeg

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like vermetid snails to me. Do they seem to have a circular base, and a "pipe" that sticks out of them? And during feeding times, do they seem to have lines of strings that come out?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
chaetopterid tube worms ( looks like feather dusters when open). may also emit mucus as they are filter feeding. I dont like them in my tank and general pull them or cut them off my rock as they can multiply quickly

They are similar to SPIONID WORMS. These type of worms also live in tubes, but rather than filter feeding like the dusters, they will grab larger food with their palps (the antenna-looking things).

OP
OP
Mr marine

Mr marine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like vermetid snails to me. Do they seem to have a circular base, and a "pipe" that sticks out of them? And during feeding times, do they seem to have lines of strings that come out?
I’m no
[/QU
They have got a circular base not sure about stringy but will keep my eye on it I don’t think they move? Are they bad

OP
OP
Mr marine

Mr marine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t think they move about they have got a circular base are they bad for the tank ?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%

Back