• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Please remember that sellers on R2R are NOT allowed to ask for unprotected forms of payment (PP friends & family, unprotected Venmo payment, etc.)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone, as a reminder, sellers are NOT allowed to ask buyers to send payment as a gift (either via the Paypal Friends and Family option, unprotected Venmo payments, Western Union, or any other option that negates buyer protection). Any sellers who are shown to be asking for payment in these forms may lose their ability to access the marketplace at all.

Buyers, please beware of any requests to send payment in these ways. This is a large forum, and while most transactions are carried out with no issues, you should never gift money to anyone you do not know personally. Sending payment as a gift removes any protection available to you through the payment services you utilize.

Here's some tips everyone should read before buying or selling online: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/watch-out-before-buying-or-selling.201631/

Additionally, it is also against the rules to ask buyers to pay for selling fees or taxes in addition to the selling price. All selling fees and taxes must be built into the price. Here are our selling forum rules: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/selling-trading-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting.115471/

EDIT: Venmo now offers payment protection, but it has to be selected for each transaction (the buyer has to click the button to turn it on). R2R does recognize and allow payments to be requested through Venmo with buyer's protection turned on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are seeing an increase in violations of this rule. This is a rule we take very seriously because we have had attempts by scammers to cheat members of our community in the past. Violations of this rule will result in suspension of selling privileges on Reef2Reef. Please help us keep the marketplace forums a safe place for everyone.

If you are aware of violations of this rule, please report them. This is about keeping our community safe. Thank you.

THOMAS Whitaker 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, as a reminder, sellers are NOT allowed to ask buyers to send payment as a gift (either via the Paypal Friends and Family option, unprotected Venmo payments, Western Union, or any other option that negates buyer protection). Any sellers who are shown to be asking for payment in these forms may lose their ability to access the marketplace at all.

Buyers, please beware of any requests to send payment in these ways. This is a large forum, and while most transactions are carried out with no issues, you should never gift money to anyone you do not know personally. Sending payment as a gift removes any protection available to you through the payment services you utilize.

Here's some tips everyone should read before buying or selling online: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/watch-out-before-buying-or-selling.201631/

Additionally, it is also against the rules to ask buyers to pay for selling fees or taxes in addition to the selling price. All selling fees and taxes must be built into the price. Here are our selling forum rules: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/selling-trading-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting.115471/

EDIT: Venmo now offers payment protection, but it has to be selected for each transaction (the buyer has to click the button to turn it on). R2R does recognize and allow payments to be requested through Venmo with buyer's protection turned on.
Sometimes I demand payment in blood

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sometimes I demand payment in blood
Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have seen a few people asking about Zelle. According to Zelle's website, they do not offer buyer protection. Therefore, it sellers are not allowed to request payment using Zelle on Reef2Reef. From Zelle's website:

If a seller asks you to use Zelle® to purchase something, you should refuse unless the seller is someone you personally know. Zelle® does not offer a protection program for authorized payments made through the service.

Source:

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping this up because we're seeing more issues with this lately

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping and pinning this. Simply put, our policy is that if a seller requests an unprotected form of payment, this will result in the loss of selling privileges here.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping and pinning this. Simply put, our policy is that if a seller requests an unprotected form of payment, this will result in the loss of selling privileges here.
Bumping this again. Scamming in our community is not something we take lightly.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back