Please share pics of your biocube 32 chamber setup and if you're up for it, the details on what's in your chamber

midgetracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D9E27F97-B25B-458B-9B91-ACA3289BE902.jpeg

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nanocube, and the back chambers are situated differently (overflow is in the middle and then there are two returns, one on each side). There are five chamber (though three of them are connected). The other main difference is that the lid doesn’t cover the back chambers, so you don’t have to worry about any add-ons fitting under the lid and you can have HOB accessories. I don’t know how helpful the way I have mine setup would be of any relevance to a biocube owner, but I do have one recommendation, the Aquamaxx nf-1 is a fantastic nano skimmer. The footprint is tiny, it produces a massive amount of skimmate, it’s easily adjustable and easy to dial in, is virtually silent, and has no micro bubbles. I have an old 29g biocube (from like 2007), and I checked to see if this skimmer would fit in it, and it easily fit in the second chamber with the lid closed, just would have to make sure that the water level stayed fairly high, so if you’re looking for a good nano skimmer….
Thanks for the recommendation on the skimmer! I'll have to research that. Although your current tank is not a biocube, do you mind sharing a photo of the back area you described when you have a chance? When purchasing my tank I didn't see any equally priced tanks similar to the biocube. Being a newbie, I was definitely hoping for making this hard hobby, a not-so-hard hobby. Lol! If that's even possible.

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s working really good in my BC pulls out nice green brown skim out of the water ! It also has really good reviews I’m also going to purchase from the same company ATO !
I've read that model is super awesome

midgetracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of the chambers of my BC 29 with the Hearer Chamber one media basket and skimmer Chamber two ! It’s a little dark if you would like a better photo I can take it with my phone and send it to my iPad

387BC0C5-AAF4-49F0-81AE-035465639F14.jpeg

Last edited:

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2625DCCC-7CA6-4ECC-8ED1-3D7C99A75222.jpeg
So from left to right: Chamber 1 - return #1, Chamber 2 - Heater and filter floss, Chamber 3 - overflow and skimmer (Aquamaxx nf-1), Chamber 4 - purigen, chemipure elite, some ceramic beads, and some filter floss, Chamber 5 return #2 (and a sponge I’ve been meaning to take out).

The filter floss in chambers 2 and 4 is temporary, I’m working on making some little inserts to hold either some floss or filter pads, but for the moment the floss is just stuffed in there and changed every few days.

midgetracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So from left to right: Chamber 1 - return #1, Chamber 2 - Heater and filter floss, Chamber 3 - overflow and skimmer (Aquamaxx nf-1), Chamber 4 - purigen, chemipure elite, some ceramic beads, and some filter floss, Chamber 5 return #2 (and a sponge I’ve been meaning to take out).

The filter floss in chambers 2 and 4 is temporary, I’m working on making some little inserts to hold either some floss or filter pads, but for the moment the floss is just stuffed in there and changed every f

midgetracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's a tunze com? Is that a powerhead? You replaced the stock pump for the jet 600? If that's correct, did putting a more powerful pump in keep you from having to add any type of powerhead or wave pump?

Thx! I had a few mishaps lastnight but all-in-all I'm having fun. Fortunately, the beautiful members in this group jumped in to help me and keep me from hyperventilating. Lol!!!

Go have a good laugh. Lol! Last nights debacle: HELP! I did my first water change tonight and everything that could go wrong did :-/
Combine doc 9001 is a skimmer from TUNZE it works great! I also have hydor koralia nano circulation pump 425 gph mounted to the tank side to help take care of dead spots of low

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of the chambers of my BC 29 with the Hearer Chamber one media basket and skimmer Chamber two ! It’s a little dark if you would like a better photo I can take it with my phone and send it to my iPad

387BC0C5-AAF4-49F0-81AE-035465639F14.jpeg
I can see it. You have me considering the skimmer. Hmmm....

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The filter floss in chambers 2 and 4 is temporary, I’m working on making some little inserts to hold either some floss or filter pads, but for the moment the floss is just stuffed in there and changed every few days.
:eek: Holy mother of.... All those beautiful chambers! The more, the merrier!

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Combine doc 9001 is a skimmer from TUNZE it works great! I also have hydor koralia nano circulation pump 425 gph mounted to the tank side to help take care of dead spots of low
Not sure if I asked this already, but where is your pump located on the side? Directly in the middle? Closer to the front or back? Etc...

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:eek: Holy mother of.... All those beautiful chambers! The more, the merrier!
To be honest, I’d rather the middle three chamber all just be one (they’re all connected on the bottom anyway. They did this way to force water through the media basket that comes with the tank in chamber 3 and then overflow from chambers 2 and 4 into chambers 1 and 5. I took the stock media basket out and put the skimmer in its place (was the only chamber with a constant water level that was big enough) and then put all the filter media in chamber 4. The two returns run on a wave maker and alternate every 30 seconds so the flow on either side is basically halved. I think I may move all of the filter media to chamber 2, put the heater along the bottom where the three middle chambers are connected and then do a mini refugium in chamber 4. I do like that they made the back panels clear so you can see what going on and also so you can put a light up against the glass for a refugium. My nitrates are currently around 5ppm and my phosphates are pretty much undetectable with just water changes, the skimmer, and the purigen/chemipure, so I’m not sure I need the refugium, but I may try it and take out the chemical filtration.

isaacjsanchez722

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you
In the first chamber I have a heater, and eventually I'm going to try out this protein skimmer in the same chamber. In the second chamber I have a diy media basket/rack from egg crate where I hold filter floss, marine pure bio balls (I'd recommend not using the included ones), and carbon on one half, and a refugium on the other that I'm running with this light glued to the back. You may have to scrape off some of the plastic backing stuff depending on the model to make a place for the light to shine in. In the third chamber I just have my MJ 1200 return pump. I also removed the sponge between chamber 2 and 3 for better flow, but you do need something to hold the chaeto in the 2nd chamber to keep it out of the return pump. I used some mesh that I glued around the egg crate refugium holding container and it seems to work ok.
1618258416305.png
do you have progress or how did you make that and how well is it working

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back