Please show your tanks with center overflow scapes

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A20A3D55-F6E5-4CAA-A574-F300F72D6C4C.jpeg
I have a 240 gallon cube with the overflow in the center. I am never happy scape.

ggm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 300l tank, not completely happy with the scape but this is what it looks like atm.
pic.JPG pic2.JPG

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great thread. I find center overflow a bit more changeling to scape. i'll dig up pic of mine I am in the middle of a tank relocation and rescape..

mknightryder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I did my tank swap and 'scaped my 5x2x2 150g, what I wanted and what I ended up with was way off! Lol Its kinda easy to aqua scape a new tank with new dry rock, but using established rock has its challenges...

I had approx 100lbs of 4yro BRS reef saver rock that had many different corals encrusted onto it already in my 90g. I knew it'd be a pain in the a** trying to aquascape with the existing rock, but that's what I love
20151226_140158.jpg
20151226_160844.jpg
about this hobby! I wanted to add in more flat spots and some branches, so I pre-cured 30lbs of new Caribsea Branching Liferock & I took some new dry reefsaver rock and shaved me some shelves off of the round rocks with a wet saw. It worked like a charm!
I ended up putting the different sized rocks in totes of sw and kinda knew what type coral was on which rock and where... I started off filling the new tank with fresh sw just above the new sand bed. I then got all my base rocks set. Some with corals and some without. I used E Marco 400 mortar to bond the rocks together, so as I 'scaped my way upwards I would add more water to the tank. If a rock w/corals was out of water for a long period I'd hit it with a mist from a spray bottle with Sw. I didn't lose a single coral colony during the transfer after it was all said and done. I did break a few sps branches and popped some caps, but I didn't scratch no glass! lol
Good luck with your 'scape! The beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What I like you may not like etc... No matter how great it comes out, give it a few weeks and I promise you'll be tinkering with it! That's what we do as Reefers!

View attachment 20180716_202520.jpg

View attachment 20180720_194038.jpg

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this wont be helpful as its already up and running, but i am facing the same possibility. I was thinking about putting pvc 90 degree turns, following the bottom inside of the tank then moving the center overflow to an internal wall drill holes in the side, plumb the pvc in and then cover the pvc with rockwork. If there is a fear of the pvc getting damaged you could make an acrylic cover.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back