Please someone tell me I can kill this aiptasia safely

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to kill this aiptasia it's getting to close to the clam and giving me palpitations. I have tried aiptasia X and I can't stand the stuff, the aiptasias always come back and spread. So I really want to carefully remove this one! I have berghia nudibranch in there but they'll take to long and don't want to risk the clam

20220310_182117.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to kill this aiptasia it's getting to close to the clam and giving me palpitations. I have tried aiptasia X and I can't stand the stuff, the aiptasias always come back and spread. So I really want to carefully remove this one! I have berghia nudibranch in there but they'll take to long and don't want to risk the clam

20220310_182117.jpg
Is the rock it is in removable? If so you have a few options. Kalk paste, super glue, etc.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time I had 2 or 3 aiptasia pop up in my tank, I bought (2) peppermint shrimp from the LFS. Next morning all aiptasia was gone. Didn't see any more for several months..... Got rid of the peppermint shrimp because they started bothering corals. Several more months go by and then out of the blue, 2 more popped up one day. Went back to LFS and got (1) Pep shrimp and it didn't touch the aips. Aips kept growing, and my new peppermint shrimp just kept ignoring them.

Decided I would squirt H202 directly into their mouths. turned off all the flow and then squirted H202 directly into their mouths. both dissolved within a few minutes. One came back after about a week, the other didn't.

Then I tried squirting lemon juice into it's mouth. Same reaction, it dissolved in a couple minutes and never came back.

Haven't seen any more since.

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not removable it's like the main structural rock holding everything together. I'm worried that using those things will make it close up beneath the zoas and then just come back.

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use some superglue or coral epoxy and suffocate it inside the rock. Nurdis are great but they take time and then when they wipe aptasia out you have to make sure to rehome them cause you don’t want them dying in the system.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not removable it's like the main structural rock holding everything together. I'm worried that using those things will make it close up beneath the zoas and then just come a
anything you do close to your coral has risk: kalk paste is the least risky followed by a h2o2 shot or lemon juice in its mouth…I might risk vinegar nearby it also

Nateaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia-X works great every time

Attachments

• C04DDF23-0514-4FC8-8291-88533C29FB0E.jpeg
    C04DDF23-0514-4FC8-8291-88533C29FB0E.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 23

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I solved my aiptasia w berghias. But u know that takes time. Mayb w a tongue depressor w some super glue gel u can get under the coral or rock where it’s hiding and entomb it.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not removable it's like the main structural rock holding everything together. I'm worried that using those things will make it close up beneath the zoas and then just come back.
I like what @LeftyReefer discussed. Action now or it will multiply, with or without your permission. :)

What would Putin do?

Kick Ass Netflix GIF by Blown Away

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I tried a bit of lemon juice as its all I had to hand, man I have serious aiptasia problem little ones everywhere . It did close up around the syringe and just kept puting it in. Hopefully it works, it was a biggen.

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I want to try a lazer just to listen to the little s@^ts crackle and pop like my breakfast in the mornings

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back