OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You had to pay for them to fix their issue?
Wait, which issue are you referring to? The issue I was talking about was the UV not placed well. I agreed to it at the moment even though I didn’t like it so it was my fault. The skimmer not fitting actually did fit at the end without needing any help from them!

Since he asked me if they can use the old styrofoam and I agreed, I will assume that I will pay for it because I agreed to it.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, which issue are you referring to? The issue I was talking about was the UV not placed well. I agreed to it at the moment even though I didn’t like it so it was my fault. The skimmer not fitting actually did fit at the end without needing any help from them!

Since he asked me if they can use the old styrofoam and I agreed, I will assume that I will pay for it because I agreed to it.
I would agree except that they did not ensure that the tank was positioned so it was fully on the foam. In my book, that was their mistake, not yours. Agreeing to let them reuse the foam was one thing, but it was/is their responsibility to install everything correctly.

ReeferinTX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manufacturers of some cars back in the 70 ‘ s said that their cars were safe until they started get hit in the rear end and exploded. I don’t believe in what some manufacturers claim or say because if someone goes wrong they can always find a way to say it’s your fault . Track record and good history of good customer service is a starting point . But your you have to use your own judgement based on logic .
The ever dreaded Pinto defense, I love it, Lol

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys. This is what she just texted me:

“I finally discussed this with my team
We don’t recommend to move the aquarium because is risky and we need to disconnect plumbing to do so
If you still want to put the foam I can send one guy to help you to do that, you can by the foam sheet in Home Depot and We will charge $180 to go”

The back of the tank is not supported. None of the 4 corners are supported. I want to make this RIGHT because this company is just trying the make their lives easier. They don’t care if I lose all my livestock in their future since I only have a 1 year guarantee.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joe Glass Cages @Erin1971Texas

CADD9028-B445-4A73-B410-2CEB935B2A53.png
7E777DDF-2D28-49B7-93C9-71150B8AEB3E.png

FYI There was previous banter back and forth. This is the most important part.

They said I agreed to their job and it’s my responsibility. They said I “change my mind every week with something new to change”.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Did he say why the stand needs to be reinforced by a carpenter?
Also, why the plumbing redo?
They should have used unions on the plumbing.
And even if they didn't use unions, the plumbing redo is a few collars and a little pipe.
Less then 1/2 hour labor for one guy - any more and they're incompetent.

Also, your agreement was provided pursuant to it being in relatively good shape.
That's in awful shape and they should know better.
They were lazy and they know it and for them to take advantage of you is criminal.

If you have a lawyer, you should have something written up on letterhead.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They said I agreed to their job and it’s my responsibility. They said I “change my mind every week with something new to change”.
Do you actually need the tank moved, or was moving it just going to allow the existing foam to support it better?

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you actually need the tank moved, or was moving it just going to allow the existing foam to support it better?
The tank needs to be moved 1 inch forward because the back is hanging off the wood/foam.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Miami Reef

This is really for the manufacture to assist you. I am truly sorry about how you feel and what is going on. Maybe try talking directly to them vs texting or email. Get a plan and then do the plan.

I only know how we build our tanks, how we support them and our customers.

Feel free to give me a call. Really wouldn't mind talking through this with you.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is 100% their responsibility. Unless you specifically insisted that they install the tank without proper support, it doesn't matter if you agreed to or signed off on anything. They are the ones who (supposedly) know what they're doing and for them to blame you for "agreeing to their job" is absurd. If I was having new rims put on my vehicle and the guy asked if I was happy with how they looked and I said yes, I'd still expect him to properly install my tires!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I suggested in post #76, I still think you should sit down with the owner face to face and try to come up with a solution. This back and forth with someone who clearly is not making the decisions is not getting you anywhere. Probably the best idea is to get the owner to come to you so he can see first hand what the problem is.

It's not a bad idea to start looking into local consumer advocates or getting legal advice either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back