Plumbing a Dual Overflow 150G Input

Fyveonit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25520943_10100539849579746_1325010174_o.jpg
I just picked up a used 150G tank. I am looking for options on how to best plumb it to a Dual Intake Trigger Systems Sump. There's a catch...I don't know what I am doing...my Reefer 170 was my first drilled tank, and Red Sea did all the work for me.

I would like to plumb it "Herbie" style but I am open to more efficient options. Would anyone be down help me build a cart on Bulk Reef Supply?

The PVC drains that came with the tank seem to be 1" and 3/4" Schedule 40. Would like to just replace the bulkheads as well while I am setting it all up.

32486542610_afc2608fea_k.jpg

Planning on a visible Sump, so making it look about 10% as sexy, and almost as efficient looking as @Broadfield 's setup is kinda what I am looking for help wise.

Andnosobabin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I am comfortable having this tank drilled for a 3rd drain. But it was my first system to research
You can do a "herbie" type with those dual overflows. I have a similar tank (corner overflows instead). What I planned was to put my return and open channel on one side and then a open channel and full siphon on the other Granted there's no emergency drain this way but you can take a tube from the vented open channel and run it to your max water level and if it goes that high it will go into full siphon. Or you can use the durso setup it was designed for with a durso per overflow and each overflow has a return. Drilling would be great but I'm learning that in this hobby KISS (keep it simple stupid) is your friend.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back