Plumbing an algae scrubber to all in one tank

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a Red Sea Max E 260. I use the built in sump in the back of the tank. I do not have a sump under the tank. I want to add an algae scrubber and put it under my tank. Can this be done? And if so how would I plumb it ??
Thank you!!

image.jpg

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have no sump, but I have my DIY algae scrubber above the tank so the water just goes back into the tank with no chance for a flood. I think a scrubber under a tank with no sump would not be easy to build as that container that the scrubber is in is technically a sump and it would have to be plumbed the same.

Water coming out or my HOB 5' tall skimmer feeds my scrubber.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use a HOB media reactor and add some led lights for growing plants. Lots less than that PaxBellum. If interested I could let you know the lights I am using. A multimedia reactor with a pump included should be around $60. Been a bit since I bought mine.

OP
OP
Chrispelletier62

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use a HOB media reactor and add some led lights for growing plants. Lots less than that PaxBellum. If interested I could let you know the lights I am using. A multimedia reactor with a pump included should be around $60. Been a bit since I bought mine.
Do you have any photos? I’m interested. Thanks!

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is essentially the same as this - just using a different HOB reactor (Aquamaxx). One thing I would caution is that the power supplies on the LED strips are absolutely trash - they run hot and only last a couple of months being turned on and off. They're just 12v dc though - so count on having to replace them with a better one at some point.

OP
OP
Chrispelletier62

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is essentially the same as this - just using a different HOB reactor (Aquamaxx). One thing I would caution is that the power supplies on the LED strips are absolutely trash - they run hot and only last a couple of months being turned on and off. They're just 12v dc though - so count on having to replace them with a better one at some point.

Thank you very much!!!!

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got some help. Don't hesitate to ask for more information.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So which lights did you replace them with? Thanks

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back