Plumbing for 55 gallon tank with sump

bennycbenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I’m setting up my first saltwater tank and I’m now working on the plumbing. I have a 55 gallon tank with a sump (picture of the sump attached). I am planning on drilling into the side of the tank and installing an internal overflow. Does anyone have any recommendations (or resources) to help with the plumbing? I’m thinking of setting up a Herbie style system. Would that work with the sump that I have? There is one intake port of the sump (for the main drain pipe) that gets filter through a sock and then I was planning on directing the emergency pipe into the skimmer section. Does anyone see any issues with that?

OP
OP
bennycbenny

bennycbenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I’m setting up my first saltwater tank and I’m now working on the plumbing. I have a 55 gallon tank with a sump (picture of the sump attached). I am planning on drilling into the side of the tank and installing an internal overflow. Does anyone have any recommendations (or resources) to help with the plumbing? I’m thinking of setting up a Herbie style system. Would that work with the sump that I have? There is one intake port of the sump (for the main drain pipe) that gets filter through a sock and then I was planning on directing the emergency pipe into the skimmer section. Does anyone see any issues with that?
F955258B-004F-4BA1-A237-3F9640842494.png

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%
Back