Plumbing question

Sunday101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, kind of a stupid question but, i ordered a IM 75g INT and and im trying to get all the piping figured out, especially for the return from the pump. I'd like to use PVC for everything. I'm looking at one of 2 pumps, either the Reef octopus VarioS-6 with the output at 1.25" coupling fitting and the VarioS-4 with 1" Slip PVC. So im trying to figure out what would I need to do with the return on my tank to get it to fit from a 3/4" fitting to a 1" or a 1.25" fitting. I dont want to order the wrong thing.

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't hard plumb your return pump, use barbed connectors and a small flexible hose section. This is for vibrational reasons.

OP
OP
S

Sunday101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't hard plumb your return pump, use barbed connectors and a small flexible hose section. This is for vibrational reasons.
I was just about to say "or would it be best to go soft plumbing for return". Should I go fully soft for the return or half and half?

OP
OP
S

Sunday101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what would I need to connect connect to the tank side? I belive it had a fitting for pvc slip on

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what would I need to connect connect to the tank side? I belive it had a fitting for pvc slip on
Do you mean the bulkhead connectors?

I would hard plumb as much as you can, just have a short flex from the pump to the start of your plumbing.

Are you planning on running a UV or anything else equipment wise between the return?

I am literally about to do all of mine and have a load of connections here to go over with you, just need to go out now, so will check back later. There was a really useful site I used to work all of mine out, but I did need to ask a few questions first.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on where you pump is in relation to the bulkhead for the return I would just run 3/4 pvc so it was above the pump then i would switch to soft probably up size to 1".

I am pretty sure that there are some INT-75 build threads here search those and see how others have done it.

OP
OP
S

Sunday101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll check it out! Curious to see what you guys think about schedule 40 vs 80 piping.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back