Plumbing Reef Octopus Ext Skimmer

Kingston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I need some recommendations on the best way to plumb my RO regal 300 external skimmer. I have a 350g DT and am using the custom aquarium seamless sump system which includes a 30g quad sock tub, one reservoir tub that I plan on using as a fuge, one baffle tub with a return section. My question is where is the idea place to connect the intake and output of my skimmer? "Sock tub to sock tub" sock tub to fuge, fuge to baffle tub, sock tub to baffle tub, etc. I am planning on using a feed pump separate from my return pump. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a an external skimmer. What I did was draw the water out of the middle chamber of my sump. Most people use this chamber as a fuge. I have a basket of cryptic sponges in there. Then I return the water into a sock in the sock chamber. Keeps it a bit more quiet. Prob not the most efficient, as some water will be skimmed 2 x.
60sump.jpg

jmd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I need some recommendations on the best way to plumb my RO regal 300 external skimmer. I have a 350g DT and am using the custom aquarium seamless sump system which includes a 30g quad sock tub, one reservoir tub that I plan on using as a fuge, one baffle tub with a return section. My question is where is the idea place to connect the intake and output of my skimmer? "Sock tub to sock tub" sock tub to fuge, fuge to baffle tub, sock tub to baffle tub, etc. I am planning on using a feed pump separate from my return pump. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Hi, I'm curious how you ended up plumbing the external skimmer. I just received similiar custom aquarium seamless sump quad tub, baffle, and reservoir tub and also trying to figure where best to place the skimmer.

OP
OP
Kingston

Kingston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jmd...I plumbed the intake to the skimmer from the quad tub, so I have the feed pump in the quad tub. The return from the skimmer was plumbed into the reservoir tub before the baffle tub to help decrease bubbles.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back