Plz help i need to rid of these brine shrimp

Remos reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I put brine shrimp eggs in my 10 gallon nano wit 1 clown and 1 lepord puffer (no aggression) and thay hatched by accident and I thought they were the pre hatched ones.so even Day I feed my fish these and they eat most of them but now the leftovers are hatching and accumulating! I stopped feeding considering my puffer and clown are just eating the shrimp. my question is how can I get rid of a lot of them

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, not unless your tank is completely full of them, but a few wont cause a spike. If you really want them out, just use a brine shrimp net and scoop them out., but I wouldnt bother

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish usually are pretty good about eating all the brine shrimp available, are you sure they're brine shrimp and not on of the 'bods that live and breed in reef systems.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has me tempted to just throw some brine shrimp eggs in the tank. I’ve been debating on investing in a hatchery but that sounds much better. Lol

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has me tempted to just throw some brine shrimp eggs in the tank. I’ve been debating on investing in a hatchery but that sounds much better. Lol
You can check on youtube for DIY hatcheries that use empty 1 litre pop bottles, thats what I do, no need to spend on a hatchery.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back