PM1 module not recording ORP?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

Just recived and plugged in my PM1 module to be able to utilize my ORP probe which is new and unused since i've been using the orp outlet on my apex 2016 to monitor PH in my CaRx.

Anyhow. I've changed the PM1 outlet to ORP and disabled PH, yet it reads 0 ORP which is quite impossible.

Any ideas?

apex2.jpg

apex1.jpg

tdunmore2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try logging into to your Apex unit via its local IP address and be sure the probe is enabled. Also, be sure the right module is linked to the orp.

I have had this issue before and it turned out the local APEX webpage showed the ORP probe as disabled.

Also, when you say the probe is new and unused, has it been sitting in storage for a while? If so, was it covered in the solution in the cap?

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cap is obviously not on the probe. The reading has slowly increased to 131 (currently). The apex support stated that this process is normal and one can have to wait for up to two weeks until you get proper readings. Ill give it some time and hope for the best

tdunmore2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does take a while. Mine stabilized after 3 or 4 days. Watch it's relation to pH. When ORP changes opposite to pH then it's working well. Odd it started at 0 though.

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does take a while. Mine stabilized after 3 or 4 days. Watch it's relation to pH. When ORP changes opposite to pH then it's working well. Odd it started at 0 though.

Yeah found that abit odd aswell. Been about 48 hours now and its at 149, so about 4-5 days at this pace :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back