PMUP used instead of DOS for Auto Water Change. ( Large system 300 gallons + )

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing AWC on DOS for nearly a year now, I love the results but because my system is so large, 850 gallons, My DOS run WIDE OPEN almost all day. Its hard on the unit and have worn out 2 DOS pump heads already. I'm really asking it to do more than it was designed to do.
I'm thinking of moving to the Tunze 24volt pump or the Neptune PMUP to time my water changes through APEX with either just a timed setting or the liquid level sensors.

I'm not worried about exact accuracy because with 850 gallons of water and a 200 gallon sump being off ML's is really no big deal.

The question is, would the Tunze ATO replacement pump be way more reliable than the Apex PMUP or is there another 24 volt pump that might even be better that I'm not thinking of.
My plan is to use the 24 volt plug on the EB832 to control the Remove and replace water pumps.

Photo is for Eye Candy purposes only :)

IMG_1574.jpeg

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all love the Bandit, had one as well. One fish that might get me back into the hobbyist side of the business.

My tank was around 650 gallons of total volume. Used a DOS to do daily small changes. Have you given thought to that?

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all love the Bandit, had one as well. One fish that might get me back into the hobbyist side of the business.

My tank was around 650 gallons of total volume. Used a DOS to do daily small changes. Have you given thought to that?
See OP That's what I'm using, " My DOS runs WIDE OPEN almost all day. Its hard on the unit and have worn out 2 DOS pump heads already. I'm really asking it to do more than it was designed to do. "

Need to not make the DOS work so hard.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back