PMUP why you keep failing me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 3rd pmup, this one being v2, it lasted a total of 2 weeks! Now my ATO won’t work. It’s in water, 30 gallons to be exact, and stays on trying to fill my tank. Any thing I can do to make this thing last longer? Whole reason I bought an apex was for the remote monitoring since I’m in the road a lot.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an water level sensor in the reservoir to turn off the PMUP if it's not completely submerged? My first one died because the water level sensor was too low allowing the PMUP to be exposed. It then ran ran for a long time, heated up and melted/swelled the plastic around the impeller, which seized it in place.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the dashboard it says it’s running but it’s not physically turning on

Where is your PMUP physically plugged in? If it's connected to the FMM's 24v Accessory port, where is the FMM's 24v power adapter plugged in? A lot of people make the mistake of plugging the 24v power adapter into an EnergyBar output, but that output has programming that can sometimes turn the output off, so when the FMM's output turns on the PMUP, there's actually no power applied to activate the PMUP. If the 24v adapter must be plugged into an EB port, be sure the EB is programmed for "Always ON".

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 2.23.19 PM.png

See my ATK Tutorial for more details and troubleshooting tips: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptu...torials-part-3-automatic-top-off-kit-atk.692/

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Also, assure the orange return tube isnt pushed all the way in restricting the impeller

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back