"Poison" Acropora

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since RR "released" their Poison Ivy acropora, I've noticed quite a few other vendors releasing varieties that have a strong resemblance.

I've seen similar ones from Wet Thumb, Reef Pets, Mr. Coral, Reefers Cove, etc.

Are they all the same or just a common color combination that suppliers have been getting in? Who has the "best" one?

It's typically characterized by a purpleish base with yellowish tips, similar growth pattern to pink lemonade. Doesn't seem to grow as dense, branches are more cylindrical and less knobby than the lemonade.

nvdiz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you think about it, the majority of these vendors are probably getting a lot of similar corals because their wholesalers are getting it from the same supplier(s)

Also, the names slapped on these pieces are just a marketing scheme.

sportzfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JMO, but I think that the Reeferscove poison is the nicest with the defined yellow-green tip and pink-purple body color.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JMO, but I think that the Reeferscove poison is the nicest with the defined yellow-green tip and pink-purple body color.

Yeah theirs really stuck out, very nice looking. Cherry Corals just posted one with a similar color combo but the growth pattern is very different.

Back