• Other or None

Results are only viewable after voting.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread. I've been using my fuge light to try and stabilize my ph and was getting pretty close, guess I'll stop that. Thanx. Has any body heard any thing about seneye introducing an alk monitor?

Haven't heard anything about them releasing one. If you are serious about monitoring dkh, I'd highly recommend looking into the Alkatronic to see what you think about it. Can function totally independent of everything else (controllers included) and literally get you dkh pretty stable.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over a year after this thread was started and I cant find anything about the new save all Neptune Trident controller! Where is it? When will it be coming out so we can get some reviews about how it will work?

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over a year after this thread was started and I cant find anything about the new save all Neptune Trident controller! Where is it? When will it be coming out so we can get some reviews about how it will work?
Don’t often see someone with my last name. I’m Mark Carden.

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
currently digging the alkatronic here is the past week of alk consumption. if you are still testing with a color changing kit you are missing out on the actual resolution of hourly testing! you tank is doing things you are not aware of!

alk.JPG

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

After all this time isn't more a matter of is it coming out at all as I'd heard it's not going to be this year and they aren't saying when it's going to come in the meantime people who are waiting when theres perfectly great machines ( Alkatronic for one)out there that can and have saved peoples setups and loads of corals.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all this time isn't more a matter of is it coming out at all as I'd heard it's not going to be this year and they aren't saying when it's going to come in the meantime people who are waiting when theres perfectly great machines ( Alkatronic for one)out there that can and have saved peoples setups and loads of corals.

Hey some just are more into the hype that the functionality.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
currently digging the alkatronic here is the past week of alk consumption. if you are still testing with a color changing kit you are missing out on the actual resolution of hourly testing! you tank is doing things you are not aware of!

alk.JPG

Exactly. Here is a recent one of me dialing in my CaRx. Getting kind of stable like I want so gonna see how the changes I have been making using the Alkatronic go.

upload_2018-10-12_15-17-9.png

Your dKH definitely bounces throughout the day. Don't have an exact explanation, but I have noticed and confirmed that it does swing (sometimes drastically downward).

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

alk.JPG
Curious. It is interesting to see. What are you doing with the every hour data

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the associated costs of the alcatronic? Reagent? How often needed? Carbonate supplement? How much are you using? Where to buy? Links?

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the associated costs of the alcatronic? Reagent? How often needed? Carbonate supplement? How much are you using? Where to buy? Links?

I'd say just the unit and the reagent. Both together will run you about $1050.

Oh yeah I have this baby dialed in right now.

upload_2018-10-13_8-58-32.png

Going on the 3rd day with the dKH being pretty freaking stable if you ask me.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are u dosing with? My understanding is that alkatronic doses also

Yes it does dose dKH, and it still will in my situation if my dKH drops below my desired level. I recently switched from using 2-part only to using a Geo 818/SMC415 calcium reactor and using the Alkatronic to tune it just right (at least I think so :cool:). So far so good and the small pH hit I took on the tank I think I can live with.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious. It is interesting to see. What are you doing with the every hour data

Oh you can do whatever you want really. You can do nothing with it. You can see the period where your tank is consuming dKH. Maybe using it to adjust your lighting levels or lighting schedule based upon desired growth/color. For instance, we all know at night that dKH consumption usually drops and your readings get higher at night (at least that is what I am seeing occurring). So now I can experiment to feed at night to see if the dKH begins to decrease at night. Sure there are already a lot of info out there about feeding at night, but just want to incorporate the habit into my husbandry and see what happens overall.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you can do whatever you want really. You can do nothing with it. You can see the period where your tank is consuming dKH. Maybe using it to adjust your lighting levels or lighting schedule based upon desired growth/color. For instance, we all know at night that dKH consumption usually drops and your readings get higher at night (at least that is what I am seeing occurring). So now I can experiment to feed at night to see if the dKH begins to decrease at night. Sure there are already a lot of info out there about feeding at night, but just want to incorporate the habit into my husbandry and see what happens overall.
My consumption continues for two hours after Lights out yours stops when ur lights go out?

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My consumption continues for two hours after Lights out yours stops when ur lights go out?

No it doesn't just stop, but around 12AM it starts to rise. Wondering if I cast feed a few times a week at night if the growth period continues further into the next morning.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it doesn't just stop, but around 12AM it starts to rise. Wondering if I cast feed a few times a week at night if the growth period continues further into the next morning.
What time do your lights go out?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10pm. Running from 7am to 10pm but running mostly actinic right now. I adjust the use of the T5s. Trying to get a growth/color pattern going.
So same as me two hours after lights out the alk consumption stops

U run ur Lights a long time btw

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So same as me two hours after lights out the alk consumption stops

U run ur Lights a long time btw

Really all actinic right now. 2 sbars, 4 hydra 52.

upload_2018-10-13_10-46-0.png

To me it's not too long since I see the tank all throughout the day and see no harm in the corals I think it fits.

Back